New place to play in East Bay, San Francisco

Discussion in 'USA West' started by mnanchala, Dec 4, 2002.

1. mnanchala

mnanchala Regular Member

Engineer
    All,

I wanted to know how many people would be interested in using a place in Hayward area for drop-in play during the week or in the weekends. Hayward High School has twice a month Badminton drop in sessions where the players can either pay for the play time or teach some badminton to the junior players from the school.

From what I remember, they have 2/3 more sessions remaining for the rest of the year.

There are a lot of places to play in the peninsula and in the south bay. And then one in the Pleasanton area, one or odd in the Fremont area. We really need a few more in the Hayward/Fremont area.

I spoke to one of the people organizing this at Hayward High about the possibilities of a regular drop-in. He kind of hinted at 'thinking about it depending on player turnout'.

I can ask him again about this if I have an idea of how many people are interested. Please post your thoughts on this. BTW, Hayward High is on E street in downtown.

thanks,
    Murali

P.S. Kwun you won't have to travel all the way from Fremont to Pleasanton ;-)

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    it really depends on the time and location. travel distance matters and most people, including me, only travel to far places if closer venues are not available. currently, i have most days of the week covered with local gyms and unless there is something compeling with the gym in Hayward, it is less likely that i will go all the way there.

as mentioned, the mileage of my old honda is still higher than the post count in BF as of today, i really should try not to accelerate its rate of aging. :)