Victor BS 10 vs. Yonex Armortec 900 P

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tobiascra, Jan 28, 2010.

1. tobiascra

tobiascra Regular Member

Student
    just wondering the main difference's (apart from yonex and victor:cool: )
    want to try a head heavier racket as an alternative than my current NS 9900
    never had a head heavy racket.

i play advanced doubles and im a hard hitter, all help well appreciated :D

2. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hey Brother: B.S 9 is a med flex racket , good for defending and front ball, armotec 900 power is more suitable for singles , its a stiff racket.

For double play , a bit lighter, u should get nanospeed 9900, if u want victor , u go for B.S 10, a stiff and also head heavy attacking racket!

3. tobiascra

tobiascra Regular Member

Student
    thanks a lot man i think il try the victor BS 10 :D

4. happy758

happy758 Regular Member

I have used both and the Armortec is better for smashes but the Brave Sword is better at drives, drops, clears.

If you want a strong smash, but lose defense ability, and maneuverability in return, then Armortec is better

If you like to move around the court fast, be able to drop tightly, drive, be in control then Brave Sword.

5. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I wouldn't recommend AT900P as it is way too head-heavy. Since you are coming from NS9900, I would suggest you go for something slightly head-heavy like ARCS 8DX. If you want to step it up a notch, go for AT900T or VT80.

VT80 being the most head-heavy among the trios.

6. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    first difference that i noticed was how it felt. and from seeing both rackets break, i can tell you that BS has a hollow frame, and the AT has a layer of foam inside. at first when i started playing with the BS i thought it was crap, why did it not feel solid. but after a while and getting used to the way the racket communicate with me, i enjoy all the noise and vibration hitting my wrist.

the BS is not as head heavy as the AT, which i enjoy using for singles because i like a more even balance racket for singles where as the AT is light weight enough for speed, but head heavy extreme enough for power

i find the BS a bit more flexible than i would like for doubles, AT is perfect, but i find the ns9900 more stiff....but i was never a good player with light weight rackets or head light rackets.

if you are a hard hitter even with the head light 9900, you'll be thundering down some crazy shots with either BS or AT, it comes down to personal preference now since you're in the advance level.

hopes this helps. :)