Kblaze factory string tension

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by eugene_syh, Jan 29, 2010.

1. eugene_syh

eugene_syh New Member

Hi people, I'm quite new here. Just bought a racket recently and was wondering what is the default tension(off the shelf) on this racket., i've read that the recommended tension is between 22-29. does this mean the tension wilson provides is at least 22lbs?? thanks.

2. Grotius

Grotius Regular Member

No, it means that 22 to 29 is the limits they guarantee it will take. It will possibly take more tension, but you take it higher at your risks and perils. OEM stringing is usually quite low tension because the racquet may have to endure extremes of temperature during transport, containers on a quai in the sun or covered in snow. You could email Wilson and ask them what their OEM stringing is put at.

3. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

usually factory tension comes in 18-22 pounds. chances are it is in the 20-22 pounds range as of now.

4. eugene_syh

eugene_syh New Member

Thanks, i've emailed them but I was thinking of changing the strings but don't know what tension to try, I was thinking of 22lbs but if they came prestrung at 22 I'll wanna go for 24. as they are quite frayed now. always having to realign them very often. thanks again. :)