Wilson Badminton Racquets

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by geokos, Jan 30, 2010.

1. geokos

geokos Regular Member

I am looking for wilson badminton racquets in mumbai. Apparently the availability of their racquets is poor in India. I shifted from Yonex to Wilson and I am very happy with the wilson (K) factor brand of racquets. I bought 2 wilson (K) factor (K)strike racquets. They were good for doubles power play. when both the (K) strike broke, I couldn't get the racquets from the same dealer "Selection sports" in Mumbai. They had some issue with Wilson. With great difficulty I located 2 (K) factor (K) Lite models with Planet sports in Mumbai. Planet sports just had these 2 racquets imported from Malayasia and I switched from (K) strike to (K) lite. They are good for doubles controlled and balanced play. Unfotunately I have broken one of them and I am finding it difficult to get the wilson (K) Lite racquets. I am really happy with wilson brand of racquets but I am fed up with their availability across India.

Somebody please help me in locating the wilson distributor in India from where I can get the racquets.

2. geokos

geokos Regular Member

Planet Sports at Inorbit Mall Goregaon (West), Mumbai is helping in getting (K) Lite racquets for me. Incidentally since I am taking 4 racquets from them....1 for me and 3 for my friends at the club and considering that I bought 2 racquest recently from them, they are offering some discounts on the purchase.......

Nobody replied to my query but I found my way out......thanks

I would like to keep this discussion alive so anyone wants to speak on badminton equipment do join in.....

3. bprevoe

bprevoe Regular Member

Head Coach @ Mandarin BC
    the wilson ktour seems great- sorry, im new, i would have replied to your post earlier

4. geokos

geokos Regular Member

The entire (K) factor series is good......depends on what kind of game you play.....whether you are a singles plaue or doubles...whether you are attacking and like power or whether you like control and balance......

The (K) factor series takes a care of that......I used the (K) Strike and (K) Lite......I am a doubles player......(K) strike is good doubles power play....since smashes are my forte....I liked to racquet....but when I switched to (K) Lite I explored a new type of game....I could control the shuttle better ....also since the (K) lite is very light (80 grams) it supported my reflex movements to create some moments of magic....my smashes were not as powerful but they became more effective since I could time them better.....

I strongly vouch for Wilson (K) factor racquets since I had played with yonex for many years ....but once I shifted to Wilson I found them good...also they are priced reasonably.....atleast in India the new launches of yonex are priced atrociously high while new launches of wilson are reasonably priced considering that wilson is good sports brand in racquet technology.....

5. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student
    I suggest you use Wilson (K)Factor (K)Blade.
    It is good in both smashing and controlling the shuttle
    In Malaysia,many of my friends suggest to use (K)blade.
    This is just my opinion.^_^

6. geokos

geokos Regular Member

I will try (K) blade since you are recommending....but you do try (K) lite if you get a chance.....

7. baddyNIRvana

baddyNIRvana New Member

dude me 2 bout 2 get a new racquet (broke 1 last nite;)) tell me how was shiftin from yonex 2 wilson coz i have seen these racquets ( the k series) in R-City Ghatkopar guess same planet sports n one of my friend has it, not the k series but an flex racquet too much aglity for me i can say...

TIA

8. geokos

geokos Regular Member

I bought 4 (K) Factor K(Lite) racquets from planet sports, Inorbit Mall....1 for me and 3 for my friends at the club....they gave me a good discount....but I think if you are interested in buying the same racquet try Champion sports at Metro, Dhobi Talao......they might give it to you even cheaper......my friend checked the racquet at Champion yeateday and they were giving it cheaper than planet sports........good luck...

9. geokos

geokos Regular Member

forgot to mention the shift from yonex to wilson......if you read my earlier posts......i too was a yonex user but once i used wilson racquets especially the (K)factor series I do not find racquets of any other brand appealing......the (K) Lite model which I use currently is the lightest racquet in the market.....they will give you good control....the smashes may seem slightly less powerful but if you are advanced player you will manage to achieve maximum power in this racquet as well....but from my experience I can guarantee that you smashes will become more effective in terms of angles and placements.....

10. geokos

geokos Regular Member

has anyone tried the new wilson BLX racquets which launched in Jan 2010....not yet launched in India....any reviews.....

11. shahkiz

shahkiz Regular Member

Student

same here in Malaysia,not launched yet.But,if i have try the new wilson i'll give a review in here.

12. geokos

geokos Regular Member

hope the BLX series get launched soon in Asia so that we can try it........

13. KhanOnCourt

KhanOnCourt Regular Member

Just my own view and experience,

I got one Klite and Ktour. I normal use arc7 for double. Compare between Klite and Arc7, which is similiar (more comparable), I still prefer arc7. More better control for Arc 7. of course price is far affordable for Klite.

14. geokos

geokos Regular Member

I haven't played with arc 7.....but from my experience with yonex.....I think K Lite is better for control than any yonex racquet......I would agree that any yonex racquet would deliver better power than K Lite......but since I have used K lite for more than 5 months I have learnt to get more power of it through my shots......due to the good control I am also able to make my smashes more effective in terms of placement......

somehow I am very impressed with especially K Lite....like you said the price of the racquet makes it a double whammy.......

Like I have written earlier, my experience with Wilson especially the K series have been good....I have also used K strike model and it delivers good power with control......

I might seem biased towards wilson K series because I am very involved with my equipment......

I stared using yonex titanium racquets....then I used some wilson ncode racquets the N4 model......I did not like the ncode series....infact I couldn't adjust to it......Infact the racquet broke while I was playing within a week of my purchase (that too without any clashes to the racquet).....then I shifted to yonex again........but once I bought wilson Kfactor Kstrike modelI have become a fan and strongly vouch for the wilson brand......the prices fo their latest top of the line racquets are reasonable and that makes gives all the more reason for loyalty to swing in wilson's favour......

15. ziggy87

ziggy87 Regular Member

IT Consultant
    which racket in the k factor is head heavy and good for smashing?

16. geokos

geokos Regular Member

I have only used Kstrike and Ktour since they are designed for oubles play........you can check their website www.wilson.com for racquet details and segmentation in terms of power and control. I think Ktour is a good racquet for singles. When Kseries was launched wilson sponsored singles players used Ktour.
    Shahkiz had also recommended KBrave to me earlier in this thread for smashing........

17. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Im glad that more players try different rackets other than Yonex. However Im just not convinced with Wilson at all. I had 2 of them in the recent past and both broke only after a few weeks. Very poor build quality and durability. I suggest, do not string them above 25 lbs. I suspect Wilson uses their tennis racket tech and applied it to badminton, big mistake. :(

18. geokos

geokos Regular Member

I string my wilson K lite at 27 lbs......it works pretty fine for me.....since I play doubles there sometimes real hard clashes......thats how my 2 Kstrike and 1 Klite racquet got broken in the last 18 months......I think even yonex would break in pretty bad clashes in doubles.....i have experienced that......

since I have lost 3 wilson racquets of the k series I might tend to agree with you that wilson racquets are not durable but which brand of racquet could save itself from bad clashes.......

I think a singles player using wilson should be able to comment on the durability of wilson racquets........especially the kseries models.......

P.S. I had used a wilson ncode N4 racquet around 2 years back strung at 25 lbs......it broke in a week when I was striking the shuttle.....i do not know whether to blame the racquet quality or bad stringing......anyway I am happy the racquet broke since I was did like it and was not able to adjust to the change from yonex to wilson......

19. geokos

geokos Regular Member

by the way.....i think there is no harm in using tennis technology to badminton racquets as long you design the racquets cosnidering the requirements of badminton.....

wilson racquets offer good flex properties compared to yonex from my experience.....that could be a possibilty of tennis technology being utilized for badminton......

20. OliverHH

OliverHH Regular Member

Student
    I'd go for the KTour for smashing, or try the new Recon BLX. They do claim it to be 'the most powerful singles racket' ;)