Original grip?

Discussion in 'Grip' started by firearc, Jan 30, 2010.

1. firearc

firearc Regular Member

I'm using an arc10 original grip and I tried the yonex overgrap but it made me play worst on drops and it's too thick, so arc10 grip is good. Issue is that I don't want the original grip to wear out because the replacement grip is expensive. If I don't let my hands sweat a lot, will the grip still be good for a long time?

#1 firearc, Jan 30, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2010
  2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

What grip size is your Arc 10? You can try gripping with less overlaps therefore thinning the layer of overgrip rather than overlapping it fully. If that is still thick to your liking then perhaps you can trade yours for one with smaller grip size.

3. firearc

firearc Regular Member

It's G4 but hard to find a trade shipping will cost me. I tried no overlap but don't like the feel. Would taking off the original grip and placing 2 overgrip work? 1st overgrip no overlap. 2nd overgrip with overlap. Is it thinner than original+overgrip?

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Think about it this way; the original Arcsaber grip is specified at 1.6mm thick while most overgrips are 0.6mm thick. If you overlap with an overgrip on the original grip you will have 1.6mm + 1.2mm of thickess while if you use two layers of ovegrip one with no overlap and the outer one with, you will have 0.6mm + 1.2mm of thickness.

5. XLR88

XLR88 Regular Member

Student
    Well when I had my first Arc 10 i just removed the original grip and put 2 new YY super grap
    and that was fine.....it wasn't too thick and it wasn't too thin.

but i think there is a durability issue with the arc 10's manufactured during June-September '08 as I broke two.
    Also since you say you sweat a lot you should try using a towel grip.

The AT 900 technique is on par with the Arc 10 but for some reason I switched back to the Arc 10 JP.

#5 XLR88, Jan 31, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2010