Knee Injuries

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by aLifeBondd, Jan 31, 2010.

1. aLifeBondd

aLifeBondd New Member

Anyone knows how to cure a minor Ligament tear that i had from playing basketball ?
    Its been around 5 months.
    Occasionally the injury will come again in 1-2 months and it happened thrice already.
    I was wondering how can i cure it cos i dont really dare to jump while playing badminton now.
    So far while playing badminton i didnt suffer any injuries, its always when i'm playing basketball.
    I went to a hospital for x-rays before and everything was normal.
    The doctor said that it MAY be a minor ligament tear but i didnt complete the physio and such.
    Hoping it isnt.
    I'd appreciate it if anyone knows how to cure it ><.
    It's rather important for me to cure cos i'm more of an active type which loves to walk here and run there.
    Thanks in advance.

aLifeBondd -

2. visor

visor Regular Member

A few words of advice from someone with bad knee ligament injuries...

1. Do your physio and exercises.
    2. If it still bothers you after so long, it may not be a simple ligament tear... it may involve the meniscus also. MRI, or even better yet, arthroscopy is the only way to diagnose it.
    3. Try wearing a neoprene type knee tensor to support your joint when you play.

4. Stop playing basketball!?

3. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I don't think there's really a cure. It's sad, but when you injure your knee it will NOT be the same ever again. All you can do is find ways to support your knee; build your leg muscles and wear knee sleeves.

I would take precaution and find out what your doctor recommends.

4. aLifeBondd

aLifeBondd New Member

Yea..
    I know that such cases will recover by itself over a period of time but i didn't expect it to take such a long time.

@Joseph :
    Will wearing knee sleeves help to reduce pains/injuries?
    The doctor told me to buy a guard or something before it costs about SGD$150+, it was too ex that my father and I thought that it wasn't neccessary to spend that money. O:

@Visor :
    I've stopped playing basketball for about 1months already, kind of improving i guess. Didn't suffer anymore injuries.
    I've been extremely careful on the way i walk and play badminton too.

aLifeBondd -