User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I ordered and received a case for 50 tubes Black this week. Yes, they are shuttlecock101.com (or related to). The shuttlecocks look no different from what I have from another place a year ago, just have not had a chance to play a few yet. There are minor package design changes though, if you look at closely. First time order from this place, so don't want to say more or less, so far so good.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i have ordered from shuttlecock101 and also met the owner. they are legit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default thanks for quick reply.... lastly

lastly.... did you communicate with a "harry" and what payment arrangement did you agree on ( i.e paypal , credit card, check etc??)
    once again i truly appreciate your rapid answer to my query.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raceto21 View Post
    lastly.... did you communicate with a "harry" and what payment arrangement did you agree on ( i.e paypal , credit card, check etc??)
    Singnflip4life has informed me that in order to buy throught craigslist, you must use paypal. Otherwise, if you buy online, you use credit card. I think this is because prices vary from the listings and the website, and changing the price on the website to honor the listing would be bothersome.

The person I've been communicating with from shuttlecock101 is named Tiana.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by raceto21 View Post
    You need work out with the seller how to make payment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey raceto, whereabouts in the US are you? We're still in the process of getting people together for a group buy. It seems pretty legit to me. We're buying at 17.25 a tube, since we're getting a carton, and if you choose to get in, I'll offer to refund your money personally if it's fake.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=81441

i just took delivery of 800 tubes from shuttlecock101.com. i worked with Harry for this big order and he was most helpful. they are based in Nevada but you can arrange with them somewhere in the Bay Area. as a result, there is no sales tax which is very nice. for this order Harry personally delivered them to my garage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

i just took delivery of 800 tubes from shuttlecock101.com. i worked with Harry for this big order and he was most helpful. they are based in Nevada but you can arrange with them somewhere in the Bay Area. as a result, there is no sales tax which is very nice. for this order Harry personally delivered them to my garage.
    Wow...800 tubes. Can you imagine how many Geese were involved...? o___O

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy crap. Seriously 800 tubes? How much did you pay per tube???

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

..must be delivered w/his truck. wow, you really saved a lot for the shipping cost, too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Speed of the EG 1130

I enquired about the speed of these shuttles with shuttlecock101 & was quoted "We have weight 49 and 50, which are speed 77 and 78 respectively based on the factory's product guide"
    Elsewhere on the web some sellers are "Available at speed 50 and speed 51 (also called speed 77 and speed 78)"

Appreciate if some members who have firsthand info can confirm, before I order BULK

Thanks.
    Last edited by wwcbro; 03-12-2010 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwcbro View Post
    I enquired about the speed of these shuttles with shuttlecock101 & was quoted "We have weight 49 and 50, which are speed 77 and 78 respectively based on the factory's product guide"
    Elsewhere on the web some sellers are "Available at speed 50 and speed 51 (also called speed 77 and speed 78)"

Appreciate if some members who have firsthand info can confirm, before I order BULK

Thanks.

50=77, 51=78 based on my play as well as this page, http://shuttlecock.com/Resources/Shu...speed_info.php

The manufacturer web site speed chart are incorrect.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by wwcbro View Post

Thanks.
    However, if you are up north and cold area, then you may need 51(78), not 50.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks badder for the quick response & link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I played 49 and 50 of the Aeroplane shuttles year around. I think the factory chart is accurate, as for weight 49 is speed 77 (when temp is warmer between 18C-27C) and weight 50 is 78 (when temp is cooler between 8C to 17C).
    51, in my opinion, will be too fast unless your gym temp is below 8C, which is 45F.
    My friends from ON, Canada are even using 49 (or speed 77).

Or you may check with your local supplier to see what kind of speeds they are carrying. They only carry the ones they can sell locally.

Hope this helps.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smashdude2008 View Post
    I played 49 and 50 of the Aeroplane shuttles year around. I think the factory chart is accurate, as for weight 49 is speed 77 (when temp is warmer between 18C-27C) and weight 50 is 78 (when temp is cooler between 8C to 17C).
    51, in my opinion, will be too fast unless your gym temp is below 8C, which is 45F.
    My friends from ON, Canada are even using 49 (or speed 77).

Or you may check with your local supplier to see what kind of speeds they are carrying. They only carry the ones they can sell locally.

Hope this helps.
    Aeroplane's speed 49 is actually speed 76, not 77. You can do a shuttle speed test and see how far it will travel and use the distance adjusted for hall temperature to verify.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Aeroplane's speed 49 is actually speed 76, not 77. You can do a shuttle speed test and see how far it will travel and use the distance adjusted for hall temperature to verify.
    I do not quite think so, at least not according to the official website data from the Aeroplane shuttlecock factory website.

The following table, which obtained from their website, clearly stated that 49 is speed 77 and 50 is speed 78.

速度(Speed); 重量(Weight); 合适的环境(Proper Environment)
    76 (Slow); 48 (Light); (Hot) >27
    77 中速(Moderate); 49 适中(Moderate); (Warm) 18-27
    78 中速(Moderate); 50 适中(Moderate); (Cool) 8-17
    79 (Fast); 51 (Heavy); (Cold) <8

Every factory has their own standard of marking the speed of their products.

In my experience and some online research, the speed of the shuttle will affected by the temperature inside the gym, the altitude of the place and the humidity inside the gym.

The higher the temp, you may want to use a slower speed shuttle;
    The higher the altitude, you may want to use a slower speed shuttle;
    The higher the humidity, you may want to use a faster speed shuttle.

As you may see, there is no clean cut on which speed to choose, when the location of the gym is the only known factor.

I agree with "taneepak" that you should give it a test. However, do not be surprised to see that there might not be much of a difference between 49 and 50 of Aeroplane shuttles when you test the 49 in a warmer day that is a little dry and the 50 in a cooler day that is a little humid.

My 2 cents.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast