easybadminton.blogspot.com

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by elvinteh, Feb 3, 2010.

1. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    Background Story of Mr. Teh Peng Huat

I started playing badminton when I was 16 years old. Back then, there were no badminton coach and neither there is a decent badminton court for me to practice in. I didn’t gave up and started to do my own research and studies on the game of badminton back then.

In 1956, I started my first badminton coaching and this was successful as I never stop coaching for 20 years since then. However, I had to put a halt on my coaching career due to family financial problems and because of this I had to work at the rubber plantation to support my family.

After almost 13 years, I went back to my coaching career again and at that time, the startup of my coaching was difficult. Students come and go but I was determined and continued to coach even the amount of students became lesser than before.

Years passed, I still kept on teaching with the experience and knowledge that I’ve gained. Until today, the number of student exceeds thousands and many among them had become very successful.

My profession as a badminton coach has also proven with flying results. My coaching career was recognized and I received the best coach award in 2004. With a strong determination and the knowledge that I had, I truly believed that my coaching will help the students will become a very successful badminton player in the future.

visit www.easybadminton.blogspot.com for more info

Attached Files:

#1 elvinteh, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  2. neohenry

neohenry Regular Member

Dear Elvin Teh,

May I know how much is your coaching rates? For one to one?

henry

3. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    sorry henry, actually he is my father.
    So far, my father seldom give one to one, because he is already 73 this year.
    don't have so much energy for one to one. He will give group training.
    Actually for him, one to one only for those coach want to earn money.
    But for my father, RM 100 is the fix price for as many day as you can come.
    and if some parent can't afford is free, but some parent afford for that, they may be pay more. Is depends on the parents themselve. But so far student only come 4 to 5 times a week so far. If you have any problem on training, i might give you advise.

4. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    When Lee Chong Wei follow my father at the age of 12, his father only pay my father RM50 a month and sometimes din't pay some month. Lee attend training more than 10 times a week.
    But my father also keep on concentrate to train him because Lee is a very talented boy.
    Any how his time table is full, no more extra time for one to one class also.
    So far, my father still has 7 more student under 18 inside Malaysia team.
    Thanks for asking.

Any how, where you from?

5. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    anyhow, i will post more short video clip on his training session.
    Just take some just now, no time to convert.
    hope you all enjoying it;)

6. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    In this day, most of the people only know Lee Chong Wei coach is Misbun. But if Lee being interview, who is his coach. He will say his coach is Teh.
    And the best Malaysia women double pair, Chin Ee Hui.

7. neohenry

neohenry Regular Member

hi elvin,

Im from Singapore. Thanks so much for all these information.

Your dad is great. :D

henry

8. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    Thanks
    but ashame to say that i am the poor one among my father's student. Normally father is very hard to teach their own son. :D
    My father has teach so many national champion, but i am not even a state champion. :D
    More video is coming in soon. converting............

9. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    cutting

latest video clip will upload tonight 5/2/10. learning cutting drop from the back court. any comment!!!!!
    want to learn observe carefully, i will put slow motion;)

10. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    LCW is my favorite player to watch, his defense and agility and nimbleness are truly skills to be admired. Your father is truly a great coach to have guided such a remarkable player.

11. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    thanks a lot, my father is planning to produce another Lee Chong Wei.
    the boy is in the latest video clip wearing a yellow shirt;)
    any comment after watching, please let me know

12. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    I forgot to ask, does your father also teach his student sportsmanship and respect for the game and it's players? Because I know some coaches here who are good at producing quality players, but the players have poor manners and poor sportsmanship. I know LCW is very polite and humble and has very good sportsmanship: if your father helped to foster those qualities, he is truly a coach to be admired.

13. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    that's for sure, every student before going back, if got adult standing there. the student has to call " uncle, i go back". Even when Lee Chong Wei come back every years for training. See other adult sitting there watching him playing, he will also call them. because every student very scare of my father, my father like a crouching tiger scold them.
    Then how you feel about Lee Chong Wei?
    As i meet him once every CNY, he is quite friendly. He see me will probably call me first.
    Nowaday, my father dream not to teach a state champion or either a national champion, his dream is to teach a world champion actually.
    Honestly, Lee always lose to Lin Dan. But my father has no chance to teach Lee anymore. :eek::(

14. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    The video is good and saw the boy in yellow, a bit on the plum side.

15. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    thanks. this is just one of the advance skill. still have more video coming up soon. such as same cutting cross at the back of the court two corner and combination of the skill shot. still has lots more advance skill and expert skill as well. footwork too....... hope you all enjoy it. ;)

16. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    post the video quite blur, i see in my labtop full screen is still clear. after i post it up and enlarge it being so blur. sorry bout the quality of the video:confused:

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    WOW..
    So ur daddy is the person that discovers LCW talent back then. I am actually really curious about who is the coach that train LCW during his first step in badminton. i believe if LCW is not trained by your father back then, he won't be as successful as he is now.

As i am now in China, i can't access easybadminton blog.So sad. Will look forward into it whenever i can access it.

so the training fee is Rm100 for a month, and in a month you can come whenever you like, is it correct?

All the best to you and your dad.
    Cherrs ...

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Wish I am staying in Penang.

19. elvinteh

elvinteh Regular Member

factory
    yup, my father discover LCW when he is in primary school, but the first LCW's reject my father offer. when he is 12 years old, my father ask his father the third time. Finally Lee's father accept. Lee din't get any title at that time, my father told Lee's father that he only need 3 month to let him see the result. So after 3 months, in a circuit, Lee get 4 wins and 4 lose. After 2 years, Lee's was 14, he get penang state under 15 boy single champion, and after 2 years, he reach Malaysia under 18 champion.
    Under my father training, no tough physical training, because my father is concentrate on skill, basic and all tricky shot. Is not for showing, but every single trick shot can help him talk point.
    So that's why, in Malaysia under 18 champion, he beat the best player from Malaysia team, which Lee's height only reach his opponent shoulder. That is why been chosen to join Malaysia team from that day on.
    But now, the skill my father taught him just left few only.

20. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    does your father give training in KL?
    i wish, i can be trained by your father, because i still think that i have problem in a basic badminton.