Difference between Panda Power Ultra 1 and 2

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by huangxl, Feb 3, 2010.

1. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    Hi,

as title state, can someone who has used both rackets please provide me some insight? I am currently using an Ultra 1 and i want to know if U2 is better than U1. I love the power and control i can get from U1. Is the feeling of the solidness and stability not as good as U2 as compared to U1?

2. Sketchy

Sketchy Regular Member

Ski Tech
    The main difference between the U1 and U2, is the shaft stiffness. Apart from that, I believe the only changes were to the target weight & balance (which you can specify anyway), and the graphics (which are much better on the U2).

I suspect if you're a really strong player then an all-out smash from a U1 is probably more powerful, but only if you're a really strong player (ie. not me), and only if you have time to prepare (ie. not often in an actual game situation).

The U2 is still very solid and stable, but just a bit easier to use. If anything, I'd say the U2 feels more like the T1 than the U1, but I'm not sure Dinkalot would agree with me on that (bear in mind I have a relatively heavy U1 and a medium-weight U2 though, so it's not a totally fair comparison).

My T2s only arrived today, so I haven't tested them yet, but of the other 3 Panda Power rackets, the U2 is definitely my favourite.
    As always though, opinions vary...

3. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

U2

u can actually contact derrick from here , just send him a pm to arrange for testing , he actually let me try his T2 before i bought it from him , so i believe he would let u stroke with his U2. He is very helpful , his nickname is also Derrick Tan.

#3 Ah_Peng, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2010
  4. huangxl

huangxl Regular Member

Student
    I did email derrick. The problem i am undecided over should i get the U2 or get another U1. U1 is exactly how i like my racket, I am unsure if U2 will be even better and most of the people i talk to told me they prefer U1 over U2. Some prefer U2 due to less stiff.

5. Ah_Peng

Ah_Peng Regular Member

the best way is to try it yourself