User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recent story/article on BAT and Charoen Wattanasin..

..check out this recent article on BAT:
    http://www.badmintonforum.com/vb/showthread.php?t=75115

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct me if I'm wrong, having dealt with Thai clients for some time now, I believe its not a 'Thai' way of having a open confrontation with the management unless these players have been driven to the wall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boonsak & co. su! su! สู้ๆๆๆ สู้ๆๆๆ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cooler View Post
    **i'm not 100% convinced tho. In cases like BAT, BAM, etc, failure was due to poor management at the top. In china for instance, team sponsorship with LN is working really well, with some flexibility of extra incentive for certain key players. I think in thai's case, players/coaches quit the team because they got ripped off, not that team sponsorship is a bad business model. Quitting allow them to bypass the incompetent and greedy middleman (ie management).

In pro sport sponsorship like in tennis, there are managers, they are called player's agent but they work with the players and players tend to call the shots.
    China, however capitalistic, is not a democracy at all. So, the players are still under the palms of the government. They won't complain (openly). Thailand and Indonesia are different. We're infant democracies... imperfect, but starting to learn more and more...

Quote Originally Posted by SibugiChai View Post
    if all players are professional like tennis, then this kind of mis-use of funds will not likely to happen
    Yes... unfortunately, the current rule of the BWF gives too much power to the national association... meaning it is possible for BAT to not register an independent professional Boonsak to any international BWF tournaments. Thus, Charoen has the power to make Boonsak become an amateur international player against Boonsak's own will... Hahaha, thus, even if Boonsak wants to become a full-fledged professional, he can be forced by BAT not to become one...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope that BAT will sort this problem out soon!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    China, however capitalistic, is not a democracy at all. So, the players are still under the palms of the government. They won't complain (openly). Thailand and Indonesia are different. We're infant democracies... imperfect, but starting to learn more and more...

Yes... unfortunately, the current rule of the BWF gives too much power to the national association... meaning it is possible for BAT to not register an independent professional Boonsak to any international BWF tournaments. Thus, Charoen has the power to make Boonsak become an amateur international player against Boonsak's own will... Hahaha, thus, even if Boonsak wants to become a full-fledged professional, he can be forced by BAT not to become one...
    then i say bwf is partly to blame as well for being so one sided favoring national association and not allowing room for individual to respresent themself. This practice alone badminton can't never achieve the level of tennis that is now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by george@chongwei View Post
    Hope that BAT will sort this problem out soon!
    according to thai players, coaches and fans, BAT is the problem. Sorting problem=removing BAT executives. What is the chance/hope that executive will remove themself?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

according to thai players, coaches and fans, BAT is the problem. Sorting problem=removing BAT executives. What is the chance/hope that executive will remove themself?
    voting might solve the problem!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..good catch..indeed, a good practical training as he was indeed a law student (or maybe still is??)..

Off topic: This shows you're still indeed lurking around BC.
    This Saturday, if i go, i might sneak in early because i've to be somewhere else during the opening hrs. If not Saturday, then maybe Sunday, time permitting.
    Btw, mind briefly recapping/translating that interview?
    Boonsak was saying how he is being made an example of by Mr. Wattanasin, how he is being forced to pay for everything since he has his own sponsor but no one else has to even tho they have their own sponsors, too. And after 12 years of representing Thailand, he feels betrayed to be treated this way. Basically, Mr. Wattanasin is trying to prove that even to highest ranked member of the team HAS to bow down to him, but it backfired by having the whole team quit. They showed the letter from Mr. Wattanasin giving them the ultimatum about the contracts.
    Then the rest of the team is saying why do this when everyone has always had individual contracts and they get paid more, too. They complained that they are given little or no details of the contract Mr. Wattanasin wants them to sign for the team sponsorship. So this contract will basically let Mr. Wattanasin have total control of the sponsorship money.
    The coach said this was the last straw from all the problems they have had with the current administration.

Sealman - No it is not the Thai way to come out in public and confront the management like this. So you can imagine how bad the situation has become for the team to resort to this.

Ctjcad - That's what was said of the ex prime minister of Thailand, Mr. Thaksin. And now everyone sees how corrupted he really was.Mr. Thaksin is now in exile and can't return to Thailand or he faces criminal charges.
    Last edited by Vtec101; 02-05-2010 at 12:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also, I highly doubt Mr. Wattanasin is the reason the team has improved as much as it had in recent years. I think the coaches are the key figures here. Coaches Sompol and Udom actually cares alot for their players. These 2 coaches have even spent their own money to send the players on vacations.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default ...

then i say bwf is partly to blame as well for being so one sided favoring national association and not allowing room for individual to respresent themself. This practice alone badminton can't never achieve the level of tennis that is now.
    ..yes, that's essentially the root of the dilemma. We can take a look around the other "prosperous" sports around the world : futbol (except when the World Cup rolls around, then it becomes nation vs. nation), golf, F1 racing, tennis, MLB etc. all are operated and sponsored privately.
    And guess which region/country will usually succeed in such a nationally-based environment : Asian, none bigger than big red China.
    Quote Originally Posted by Krisna View Post
    Off topic - Yep. China is only "capitalistic"/has "democracy" in her economy. The rest, (political and social), we can say fuhgeddaboutit..
    However, i must say M'sia's system is pretty darn good (in terms of allowing their players to keep all of their winning cheque in their pocket).

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A higher power than the President of BAT. Thailand fans - Do THailand have a Sports Minister i.e. govenrment?

Quote Originally Posted by ctjcad View Post
    ..y

However, i must say M'sia's system is pretty darn good (in terms of allowing their players to keep all of their winning cheque in their pocket).
    It's focuses more on results. For those just ok, KLRC's system of higher salary will work out better. Or independent player system (in terms of getting to go a fixed no of tourneys per yr regardless of results)

But the association still have power to ban for 2 years if they dont like the fellow/dont want player to leave.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post
    A higher power than the President of BAT. Thailand fans - Do THailand have a Sports Minister i.e. govenrment?

It's focuses more on results. For those just ok, KLRC's system of higher salary will work out better. Or independent player system (in terms of getting to go a fixed no of tourneys per yr regardless of results)

But the association still have power to ban for 2 years if they dont like the fellow/dont want player to leave.
    in this case, the whole team quit, rendering BAT a purposeless and useless organization without one decent player. Where as players can exist without BAT. They can come to canada and play for us

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in this case, the whole team quit, rendering BAT a purposeless and useless organization without one decent player. Where as players can exist without BAT. They can come to canada and play for us
    Not exactly whole team, 12 left, there're still some around, the seniors are gone though. But in team event, Thailand will be goners.

If they serve the players a 2 yr ban, then Sudket, Saralee can be coaches. Canada will have a whole team for Sudirman, maybe TC, Uber, win some titles. Canada fans will be mighty happy
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 02-05-2010 at 11:00 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eaglehelang View Post

Not exactly whole team, 12 left, there're still some around, the seniors are gone though. But in team event, Thailand will be goners.

If they serve the players a 2 yr ban, then Sudket, Saralee can be coaches. Canada will have a whole team for Sudirman, maybe TC, Uber, win some titles. Canada fans will be mighty happy
    yes but i said 'decent' players. Those warm bodies who didn't quit know they got nothing to lose by staying. If they do play international tournaments, they'd prolly reach 1st round at best, a waste of airfare and hotels, and a laughing stock on BAT and thailand. With the top coaches quitting too, those stayed behind will go no where in term of skill development.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ratchanok is 2009 WJC, 2009 Msia IC runner up but she's underaged, so, to stay or not may not be her decision to make. Then there's Portip, 2009 WJC runner up, should be 18 this yr. Also Sapsiree, 2009 Msia IC winner in WS, semi finalist for 2009 WJC in WD.
    All up & coming youngsters, who might not train under same coach as seniors. If they're under 18, maybe not their decision to make also
    Last edited by eaglehelang; 02-06-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Vtec101 View Post
    Also, I highly doubt Mr. Wattanasin is the reason the team has improved as much as it had in recent years. I think the coaches are the key figures here. Coaches Sompol and Udom actually cares alot for their players. These 2 coaches have even spent their own money to send the players on vacations.
    Huh? What does vacations have to do with improving team / player performance in badminton?

confused

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast