INA vs. CHN

Discussion in '2002 Tournaments' started by kwun, Dec 6, 2002.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    here is some news about INA and China Open etc.

INA will not be sending any teams to the upcoming China Open. the reason is the the national championship will be held in the same week as the China Open so all the players won't be available.

but INA will be sending a team to play a friendly match with the Chinese team the week after in Shanghai.

the match will be in TC format, 3 singles, 2 doubles. the single players that INA will be sending are the younger generation. they are: Taufik, Sonny and Taufiq. the two doubles pairing will be Candra/Sigit and Trikus/Halim.

China hasn't decided on their team yet, they say they will be determining the team from the result of the China Open.

2. willie

willie Regular Member

draftsperson
    there is a rumour in chinese website that this tournament has been cancelled due to TV broadcasting not available, hence no money.

3. bugjan72

bugjan72 Regular Member

Consultant
    Duel Match INA vs China won't be happened !
    China Badminton Association could not accept the reason on why INA do not send the shuttlers to China Open.

4. Tezta.com

Tezta.com Regular Member

I stay at home as much as possible
    Im my opinion the China BA is being unreasonable here, they should understand perfectly clear that the Nationals of your country is a very important tournament. Could it be that the China Nationals is not important for them? I know US nationals aids in the decision of which player shall be sent out to represent America, and that is why for the past few years US players have missed the Japan open, both tournaments fell on the same weekend.

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    I doubt CBA said anything of the sort. Have you got the proof?