Browning Rackets...?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by negeld, Feb 4, 2010.

1. negeld

negeld Regular Member

Student
    I have just played badminton for one year, now it's in my second year and I am currently using a Browning Platinum Nano 75 Racket, but here the problem comes. Every week after I played badminton in my uni, my left hand always go dead and I am hardly to hold my fist. Is it my problem or the racket is too heavy for me? I am a doubles player so would there be any sort of disadvantage to me? I really need to sort this out ASAP. If someone can help me, please do leave a comment here, thanks!!!!!:confused:

2. druss

druss Regular Member

Could be the racket weight, could be the racket grip is too big or too small, could be the way you grip is wrong and probably is that you grip too tightly.

3. negeld

negeld Regular Member

Student
    I am still using the original grip they have there, I didn't put anything on yet.

4. druss

druss Regular Member

Well that might not be the best grip size for you. I can't be sure without knowing the grip size and your hand size. To be honest, for beginners it's probably easier with a larger grip to maintain a secure hold on your racket without trying to strangle it.

Overgrip is cheap enough that it might be worth an experiment to put one on.

5. negeld

negeld Regular Member

Student
    Thanks for commenting!! I will try to buy some grips to see if there are any sizes that are suitable for me.
    I went to one of the sports shop in my city and asked the owner if there were any sort of solution for that. What he said was the Browning rackets are always heavy and it's not really good for people who is about my size (I am about 5 foot 3 and 1/2 ish), so my palm size is relatively small ish. They suggest me to buy the arcsaber but when I looked at the price, it was going to £175, so it really dropped me off at that time.

6. druss

druss Regular Member

I'm sure he meant well but he also runs a business...

If you're looking for a new racket at reasonable prices then take a look at Apacs, Panda Power and Zelm. All make good rackets at good prices.

7. negeld

negeld Regular Member

Student
    I just went to google quickly and all I can found was Apacs. I did found Panda Power, but it was from America and the shippings would not be worth it to send to the uk. Zelm was made in China so highly doubt it would appear in Wales. I found out the Apacs uk website but most of the rackets are sold out... what the hell...

8. druss

druss Regular Member

There is a UK dealer for Panda Power but I don't think he has a website. Do a search on here and you'll find him. I believe Zelm is the same way but not sure.

Check www.badminton-market.com. It's run by one of the members on here and has good prices and shipping is around $10 USD.

9. val_tamse

val_tamse Regular Member

tesco/chef
    hi

if u thnk of getting a apacs racket drop me a p.m. i hve one apacs racket dt i dnt use anymore its in very good condition no paint chip or scuffs strung with nbg95 24lbs.

10. negeld

negeld Regular Member

Student
    can't treat myself yet cuz i epiced all of my exams sorry mate. i might need it later, i donno, since we both live in the uk i think the post office might treat us good on sending that parcel lol

11. negeld

negeld Regular Member

Student
    I just found the Carlton Aeroblade Ti from somewhere inside my house lol...
    Is that any better than the browning I currently have now? ish..?