Hi :)

Discussion in 'Introduction' started by Verivus, Feb 4, 2010.

1. Verivus

Verivus New Member

Student
    Hi guys, I'm from Garden Grove, CA. :) I'm just a beginner.

I've played on and off in high school, but stopped for a few years. Now I'm taking a badminton class at my college and I've rediscovered how fun it is! The coach there doesn't know anything about badminton though, so I hope to learn lots here. Overall, I'm just very excited to be playing, haha.

Oh, I was also wondering if there's anywhere to play in/near Garden Grove that I could go to? I did check out the USA West section of the forum, but Irvine is a bit far, and OCBC is way out of my budget. :( Is the Garden Grove Rec Center overcrowded?

2. Verivus

Verivus New Member

Student
    Oh, and my name's Christine. Can't believe I forgot my own name, lol.

3. ryim_

ryim_ Regular Member

Capital Market Research
    Welcome to BCF Christine!

4. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

Welcome..

..to BCDF, Verivus (Christine)!:)..Wow, are you serious when you wrote "The coach there doesn't know anything about badminton"?? Can you beat him/her in Singles? If you can, you should tell the teacher to take a hike and you should teach the class..
    As for learning in BC, you'll learn quite a bit. But if you want to see any result, you gotta put them in action.
    As for you query of places to play in your area, yes, from what i've gathered from people who go there, GGRC is quite crowded. There should be a couple or so threads abt places to play in the GG area. Another option near your area is to play @ Cal State Long Beach (not sure abt their new schedule).
    Anyway, keep visiting us & enjoy surfing here!;):cool:

5. Verivus

Verivus New Member

Student
    Thanks guys :)

And yea ctjcad, I'm 100% serious. The coach didn't know anything about badminton, but the school made her the coach anyway... shows just what they think about the sport. :( There are some good players there though, so I'm just gonna learn from them. :p