String Recommendation?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by VietTranMtEden, Feb 5, 2010.

1. VietTranMtEden

VietTranMtEden Regular Member

Badminton Player
    So I just popped my strings 2 days ago, and I've been thinking that strings really affect my gameplay. Right now I wanna know what's best for a soft hitter. My racket is a Muscle Titanium XX, very flexible. I got people telling me BG80, but they could be wrong, so yeah, open to any suggestions.

2. druss

druss Regular Member

Well are you looking for more power or more control?

3. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

BG80 if you want a great power with good control
    BG65 if you want super durability
    BG66 more powerful and slightly better control than BG80, but not as durable
    BG85 really nice sound, a mix between BG80 and BG66, durability though well.....

4. visor

visor Regular Member

For a flexible shaft, you'll need thinner strings and higher tension, so bg80 is good, at maybe 1-2 lbs more than your usual.

5. Nightbird

Nightbird Regular Member

It really is trial and error..A string is a very personal choice and you may not necessarily like a string I like and vice versa..I would say that stick with one string and try it with different tensions before switching to another string.You should be able to notice a difference as to how a particular string behaves at different tensions.If you don't like that particular string at either tension then switch to another and keep at it till you find the right combination.

There are lot of good strings out there.Read Dink's string review to get an idea..Good luck..

6. CrimsonRain

CrimsonRain Regular Member

Pharmacy Student
    BG80 is a good string, but I found that i snap it more often than my other strings. I then moved onto BG68ti, which I also really like because it is more durable and makes a really nice sound, but the power is weaker than BG80 for most people. If you are a soft-hitter or hardly makes miss-hits, then I'd recommend the BG80.

Find Dink's review as Nightbird says :] it's quite reliable.