Li-Ning N90(II) classic vs N90

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by juventus1, Feb 6, 2010.

1. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

Dear Li-Ning Fan,

Tested my two Li-ning racket, wish i could write a proper review but the string i'm using is different.

My N90 using B66 strunged at 24lbs (S2/3UG5)
    My N90II using the string NS95 strunged at 24lbs (S2/3UG5)

First Look:

For the N90, i would not want to comment further as most of you have saw this rackets.

For the N90(II) classic.... it is really classic look... I hate the colour initially but really grow to like it. It is very unique with a gold touch!!

First Touch:

N90(II) classic should be the same as N90(II) which is not available yet in singapore. i find the racket is less head heavy than N90. I have read review that Li-Ning has make ths racket more suitable for the general public. For those who own N90, you should know that N90 can deliver powerful baseline with ease. this is not what you can expect from N90(II). due to the fact N90 is heavier, your reaction will be slower when you want to execute push and defensive move.

After-match review:

I feel that Li-Ning has sacrificed N90 power for N90(II) control/speed. I was quite disappointed that the power that amazed me in the N90 was gone. I feel that this racket power is less than my ArcZ also. The old N90 is for single player but now the N90(II) can be used for double.

Conclusion:

for those with excellent wrist power... stay with your N90.

2. twobeer

twobeer Regular Member

computer
    if this is correct, I guess it is a safe assumption LD will stay with the N90 ;).

3. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    hmm.. was thinking that the new n90 II was a sacrifice of head heaviness for speed. due to the claim oldhand wrote a couple of months back saying that the racket was a lighter version of the first gen n90.
    Was thinking about purchasing the n90II as my second LN racket HOwever, decided against as i thought/read that they were different rackets (eg at700 and at900 power.) so opted for the same fist gen n90
    Im sure it is still a lovely racket though, as i am still considering purchasing one as a doubles racket, providing i get get rid of another yellow racket in my bag first ;)
    thanks for the review

4. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Dang, I thought N90 II would be a more powerful and improved version of N90 =/, so is N90 II still better than Armotec 700

5. cooler

cooler Regular Member

Surfing, reading fan mails:D, Dilithium Crystal hu
    r u asking lin dan to play better with a N90II?:p how much more power does lin dan need?:p

6. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Noo LOL, I am asking like, cuz I am buying N90 II - Regular Edition NOT CLASSIC, and I wanted a more powerful racket than Armortec 700 - thought N90II was better, but this reviews seems to place N90 II behind N90 in terms of power, so I just wanted to know at least N90 II still pwns Yonex Amortec 700 :eek:

7. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

I don't have armotec 700... I have only N90,N90(II) classic, AT900T,AT900P, ArcZ and NS9900. All I can say that if you asking for power....you will be disappointed.

8. aramistuscany

aramistuscany Regular Member

N90II and N90II Classic are two different rackets. Which one do you have?

9. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Ok there, this one statement pwns everything = D, N90 II is different from N90 II classic! GG. K TY :D

10. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    aramistuscany: i believe its said in the first post that he has the classic. (GOLD one)

11. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    But he did accidently hint N90 II "Should" be the same as N90 II Classic, I hope it's different :eek:

12. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    i think its because he owns the clasic also mate, and i believe he was looking for reviews regarding the differences between the 3 n90's

13. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    I guess so xD, how come like BengGuan person has everything, yet not giving reviews or comparisons :rolleyes:

14. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

why you say that the two racket are different? you mean the colour different? Anyway, from one of the china website, the specs that they used are the same? just that the classic version are primarily gold whereby the N90(II) are primarily red.

anyway do you have any of the rackets? I mean N90 or N90(II) classic? don't just read others reviews... try the racket personally before you made any reviews...

15. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Show Website please =), and different can be explained in many ways, so it can't be argued. and 3rd, you haven't tried N90 II either. :(

16. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    i assumed that the n90II red and gold were the same, minus the colours of the racket being flipped.
    As said before, aramistuscany had a topic with his fresh n90 classic and im sure he is just wondering whether and how the n90s differ.
    Based on reviews from yourself (Juventus), im guessing the n90 is for singles, whilst the n90II is lighter and faster for doubles?

17. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

sorry... my N90 send for restring. didn't take the photograph together. anyway i bought the N90(II) classic for S$750 at queensway. Love the colour for what i did to my NS9900. I made it all black!! I also paint my racket string with Li-ning logo... takes 10 mins.

Attached Files:

18. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

you can say that... but we don't condemn N90(II) yet as the control and speed has improved alot. just that i am disappointed that the power is not as good as the N90.

I having my regular games on weekdays and my trainings (with coach) on weekend. Usually I used my expensive rackets on weekends for training just in case of racket crash.

I'm thinking of restring my N90(II) classic with red string (white Li-ning Logo) with a red over grip... haha... should be very outstanding during games.

19. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    the control for power comment was merely a comment that you made that i re wrote, i only have the n90 and so can not write or give any reviews regarding this racket except for what people have said.
    As you said before, i also experienced the n90 being a slow, powerful racket. Great for singles. Had a chance to purchase the 2nd gen, however wanted the back up to be the same as the primary racket

20. juventus1

juventus1 Regular Member

I'm not the spokeman/salesman for Li-Ning. anyway the website is in chinese. I just do a direct translation:

Both N90(II) classic and N90(II) are using:

1) PCF Reinforcing technology
    2) DF Shock resorption system
    3) HB shaft
    4) TB Nano powertec
    5) Bio-inner core ***new**(for N90(II) & classic)

Don't ask me technical terms as i'm only the end-user. Anyway i will still buy the N90(II) for collection too... If you are in this forum long enough, you should have saw the photo of the new N90(II) red colour and N50(II) flame blue colour. just do your own search will do..