Arcsaber Z-Slash vs. Armortec 900 Technique

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by joeyf, Feb 6, 2010.

1. joeyf

joeyf Regular Member

Singles/Doubles Player
    I'm deciding on one of these racquets. I heard that the Armortec 900 Technique has really good control and handling and I heard the Z-Slash is a new must have but I heard stringing it is a pain :confused:. I think both are very similar but dont know which to get!

2. AurorAX

AurorAX Regular Member

Biotech Sales / Marketing
    Since when is the Z Slash a must have? Many people (professionals included) have had alot of trouble using it.

3. b.leung

b.leung Regular Member

i played with the z-slash and own a technique
    i can say that the technique is much easier to get used to
    if you're an offensive player though, z-slash is definitely worth the 2+ weeks break-in period
    technique is a mid ground between a very attack-oriented and defense-oriented racket (in terms of a head-heavy racket anyways)
    i personally like the power much more

4. joeyf

joeyf Regular Member

Singles/Doubles Player
    Well, Z-Slash has more potential I guess if you can use it.

I've played a few clears with the Power and just doesn't seem like my kinda racquet, although I've had better results with the technique

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Easy to decide really.

If you play singles, get the Z.
    If doubles, the AT900T.

Z has the power for clears and smashes, but no feel for touch and net shots.
    AT900T has the speed, balance, and feel that is required for fast doubles play.

In our club, there's this one youngish 30's player who uses a Z for doubles and while his smashes are almost unreturnable, we have learned to attack the Z's weakspot by keeping the bird low and drive it flat at him. Which always results in weak returns that we can easily put away.