Sub-forum for places to play

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by JChen99, Dec 7, 2002.

1. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    I "think" it would be easier for people to find places to play if there are sub-forums created for most,if not all, of the major cities that people discuss "place to play" in. i dont kno how much hassel it would be on the moderators side tho... if it's too much then I've never said anything about this :rolleyes:

Jus a suggestion

2. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Err, that's why the 'places to play' forum was created in the first place!

Creation of subforums depends on amount of traffic on a particular subject. One subforum got cancelled out in the past because of lack of interest. So for each city, I doubt there would be enough traffic to justify creation of 'city' subforums.:(

3. bigredlemon

bigredlemon Regular Member

I think it's fine right now. It's pretty easy to find your own city using search. Seperating by city could be problem cuz there are clubs near two major cities. Many people at one club I know also plays at another club in a different city (they live in mutiple cities.) So seperating by cities would cause more inconvience. As Cheung said, maybe we can do it when there's more traffic there.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    I agree with no need for "sub forum". Besides several major cities, hardly pick up more than 5 players from the same place. Also, consider players live in mult. cities, and play in multies, too. 4 of my clubs are in different towns, even though u can say "close to ny", but still not exactly, and could bring up even more confusion for new users.

Plus, i think it's very easy to just do a search for place to play. If someone really experience difficulties, just post a thread, i am sure a lot of ppl are willing to help.

5. JChen99

JChen99 Regular Member

Realtor
    Err... i think wut i meant was a sub-sub forum, lik subforums under the Places to play

Or is that impossible to do?:confused:

6. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    I don't think major cities would work, perhaps if you really want to have sub-sub-forum, :D , maybe divide by regions such as N. America, Europe, SouthEast Asia, etc.

7. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    i am with the majority here. "Places to Play' isn't that cluttered. with more sub-subforums, there will be may be 20-23 threads per country or region, and if divided by cities, it will be even less.

let's just use the search function.