Help on missing racket/string guide

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by doodleboy, Dec 8, 2002.

1. doodleboy

doodleboy Regular Member

businessman
    Help help help,

I got my Ti-10 yesterday through a friend from Singapore. When I examined it carefully, I noticed that one of the black rubber ring like thingy where the string enters the frame is missing (sorry do not know what it is called). Basically, I think it is a guide or protection for the string when it enters the racket frame. Since I am not from Singapore I cannot get my racket replaced. Will that missing thing damage my racket? I am just thinking that the string might eat into the frame without it because of the tension (22lbs.). Is there anyway to replace it? Do I need to get it restrung and waste my brand new string : ( ? Advice please!!!

2. modious

modious Regular Member

The groummets are there to protect the string and the frame of the racket.

I suggest that you go and restring your racket. Normally shops do have groummets and provide them for free.

3. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    Definitely cut the string and have a good restringer restring (they will normally replace a grommet for free) otherwise the string will definitely cut into the frame.

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Agree.

Gromment is very important. With the relatively soft and smooth rubber "tube", instead of shape edge of holes (physics here... ), string will last much longer. Also, without gromment, string will be "cut" into the fram, which greatly damage ur racket as well.

Cut the string asap, and fine a stringer to add that gromment and string it.