Social Badminton Hillingdon ? W London ?

Discussion in 'UK' started by RajaStyle, Feb 8, 2010.

1. RajaStyle

RajaStyle New Member

Hi All,

Just looking to join a badminton session, played long time ago just want to get back into it as a social / get fit way.

Hence not to club standard etc ... please let me know of any places near Hillingdon with costs & timings.

Thanks in Advance.

Ash

2. samchan

samchan Regular Member

Racquet stringer
    I know everyone can join the one in Bunel University (Uxbridge), I am not sure the time and cost, you need to call them to find out

Sam- The racquet stringer

3. marmoset

marmoset Regular Member

Hi Ash,

There are a few clubs around the Hillingdon area. I'm not sure from your post of your standard, you're probably better than you think!! However, two friendly clubs that i know of accept all standards are:

1) Saturday 10am-12pm. Cranford School, High St Cranford TW5 9PD (£6) not overly busy and 4 courts - use plastic.

They also play at the same place on Monday evenings 6-8pm, plastic again, and cost is lower, 2 courts. Best if you go on Saturday and ask about Monday sessions as occasionally i hear that the Monday session can be cancelled as not enough confirmed players.

2) Friday 6-8pm Air Canada club, Harlington Community School, Pinkwell Lane, Hayes UB3 1PB. Quite busy usually (£4 i think) - use feathers.

Also samchan has suggested, Brunel University, Kingston Lane, Uxbridge UB8 3PH. I've not been to their evening club so don't know about the level but if they play in the main netball hall the courts are very good!

There are quite a few other clubs around, some depending on standard. If you go to any of those clubs and find you would prefer a stronger standard, let me know and i can suggest other clubs for you.

Good luck!!
    :)

#3 marmoset, Feb 17, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2010