Buying Apacs Via Ebay

Discussion in 'Identify Fake Racket (Price/Source/Serial/Photos a' started by mfury, Feb 9, 2010.

1. mfury

mfury Regular Member

student
    I know it's going to sound very stupid but do they make fake apacs racquets? I'm wondering because recently i snapped the strings to my ns9ks and was(and still am) without a useable racquet. I then explored the possibility of having a spare if i ever snapped my strings again, but then i realized that yonex racquets actually cost real money. They usually say if things are too good to be true they probably are. Would that be the case with Apacs racquets?On ebay they cost about $30, what do you guys think?

2. singnflip4life

singnflip4life Regular Member

Full Time Med Student
    APACS rackets can be clones of Yonex rackets, though their own line of rackets are quite good as well, such as the Armor Muscle Pro (AMP), Tantrum (T), Lethal (L), and Visible Hollow (VH) series. These series cost about 100 USD for their top rackets, vs Yonex which charges close to 200 USD or higher.

3. druss

druss Regular Member

In answer to the posted question. I have never heard of clones of Apacs rackets... just doesn't make sense. Why clone Apacs and sell for $30 when the real thing only costs $40 local retail?

4. eliot302

eliot302 New Member

Finance
    I've recently bought an ES-Z from the seller, racquet_sports. Some people on the forum reported good experiences with this guy, Andrew and some not. My ES-Z has small cracks along grommet holes in 7-8 o'clock, and therefore told him so. However, he has not replied back in spite of the fact that I repeatedly urged him to do so. Thus, I conclude that this guy's performance has not been consistent. I wouldn't recommend that you buy from him.

5. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Dealt three times with Andrew (racquet_sports), he's quite responsive to my sale queries and the rackets are finely arrived.
    My last order will come this week, so if there is any prob i will let you know. This time i specifically asked for a specific string tension, lets see if he can deliver

6. eliot302

eliot302 New Member

Finance
    racquet_sports

He'd been super responsive until I had made a payment and he'd been so so responsive until my rackets arrived (it took nearly three weeks), but didn't offer much help. Then, cracks, no communication back after I sent emails in person twice now.

My point is he is not so consistent as we want him to be. He may be O.K. until we encounter some troubles with Andrew. I guess those things happened intermittently with him on BC so far.

Anyway, good luck with your attempt this time. If the string tension is fine, there will be no problems. I'm more interested in how he would react when you say his stringing was not right at the quality you want.

7. sxg2009

sxg2009 Regular Member

I bought several racquets from Andrew via ebay and paypal. I am very happy with the products and price.

About cracks - I have noticed that some of the racquets develop cracks. If you look closely you will see that they are on the surface - mostly the cracks are in the paint layers.

8. eliot302

eliot302 New Member

Finance
    Hi sxg2009,
    My point is his performance, according to what has been reported here plus what I actually experienced, has not been consistent enough to prove that Andrew is a trustworthy seller. I'm fine with the response that the racket cracks I saw may be just paint cracks. His problem was that he did not reply anything !