Stringing Style affects Gameplay?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by JinXi, Feb 10, 2010.

1. JinXi

JinXi Regular Member

Student
    Recently, I went to a badminton shop and got my racket stringed. What I noticed was there is a slight variation in stringing style compared to my old racket.

I'm seeking some opinions to whether this will make a difference to my game or not. I currently feel that my gameplay wasn't affected but I just wanna make sure the different stringing style has no advantages/disadvantages.

The pics are below. Thanks for looking ^^

The first 2 is the new stringing style, where there is a slight gap in strings towards the shaft of the racket.

The last one is the old stringing style where all the strings are roughly equal in distance.

Attached Files:

2. Tim1456

Tim1456 Regular Member

Clerk
    What I get from the pic is
    1) It is a one piece job. 22main 22 cross. There is one extra cross on the top. third bottm cross is skiped.
    2) He is a very experienced stringer. He did his reasearch. Most string break is from mishit. it breaks at middle main at top. One extra cross at top provides more support,so reduce the breakage. To still use 22 cross, he skipped one at bottom which is not a problem.

3. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

I have one of mine like that too. Sadly, I cant really say much about it since the tension that was on that particular racket is lower than what i ussualy use and therefore i dont feel right at all when playing with that. However, it should not affect too much as long as its the right tension