User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Klippermate M140 size and wight

    Hi guys,
    can some M140 users give me some info about the sizes and the wight of that machine?

    thank you,
    Dory.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dorysan View Post
    Hi guys,
    can some M140 users give me some info about the sizes and the wight of that machine?

    thank you,
    Dory.
    Can you just email Klipper USA for that info? They are open for another 3 hours. By the way, the cost to ship to you will be too much and not worth it.

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    My uncle is currently in the US, so i wont pay for shipping.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    If you take it apart, the longest part would about 60 cm. It could be put in carray on. But it is made of solid steel, so it is heavy, I believe it is over 20 lbs.

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim1456 View Post
    If you take it apart, the longest part would about 60 cm. It could be put in carray on. But it is made of solid steel, so it is heavy, I believe it is over 20 lbs.
    thank you very much, maybe you can teach me how to take it apart?

    Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Can you just email Klipper USA for that info? They are open for another 3 hours. By the way, the cost to ship to you will be too much and not worth it.
    maybe you have any other suggestions? some time ago i talked to the biggest badminton shop (Victor stuff mostly) and the CHEAPEST machine cost "only" 3000NIS=811USD$ (2 pt ,weight machine)
    Last edited by dorysan; 02-10-2010 at 04:00 PM.

  6. #6
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Take it apart is not a problem. every one could do it . When you buy it , it comes in pieces anyway, It needs to be assembled.

    But you may try http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...roducts_id=337. The shop is in Hongkong, I order my clamps and strings from them. The price includes shipping worldwide.

    You may try http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=20030
    There are many online shop from UK. I saw they have stringing machine, the shipping could be cheaper to Israel.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tim1456 View Post
    Take it apart is not a problem. every one could do it . When you buy it , it comes in pieces anyway, It needs to be assembled.

    But you may try http://www.mybadmintonstore.com/shop...roducts_id=337. The shop is in Hongkong, I order my clamps and strings from them. The price includes shipping worldwide.

    You may try http://www.badmintoncentral.com/foru...ad.php?t=20030
    There are many online shop from UK. I saw they have stringing machine, the shipping could be cheaper to Israel.
    Thank you,
    very helpful info!

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    London
    Posts
    573
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I did the same thing as you, I had a friend order it from Klipper, and then another friend who was in US at the time brought it back to the UK as hand luggage.

    I told him how big it was, but forgot to mention the weight. I got an ear-ful of complaints It's really heavy, at least 8-10 kg I think.

    Mine came already assembled in a fairly small box, ready to go straight out of the box. There are quite a few accessories, like the clamps, awl, etc. But the box is a thinnish, long rectangular shape, so pretty easy to carry under the arm.

    This was about 10 years ago. Maybe carry-on luggage sizes are smaller now but my friend had no problems getting it on the plane.

    Tip: the awl is a pretty lethal-looking metal spike. You might wanna take it out of the box and put it in the stowaway luggage.

    Oh, and I love my Klippermate. I've tried two other 6 point machines but overall I still prefer the Klippermate for accuracy and simplicity. My friend has a professional electronic machine which cost more than $5,000. It's much much faster than the Klippermate, but I only use it for my own rackets, and it takes around 40 minutes so it's fine for doing one racket every month or so. In all the years I've been using the Klippermate, I've only broken one racket, and that was from a ridiculously heavy racket clash which destroyed both frames instantly. The Yonex Nanospeed I'm using now has over 30 paint chips from clashes (basically no paint left!) but the frame is fine. I've got rackets I bought in 1997 which I still use.

    And you can't beat the economics. I paid around $140 for mine, and it paid for itself in less than 6 months. The only downside: friends will hassle you for urgent stringing when they can't get to their usual store

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Israel
    Posts
    405
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    140$?
    maybe you remember the shop?
    i found M140 for 200$! and its really big difference !

  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,661
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    http://www.klipperusa.com/productspecials.php

    Just ask for badminton only one. If you get one for both, it is a lot more.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    931
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by david14700 View Post
    The only downside: friends will hassle you for urgent stringing when they can't get to their usual store
    To me that's a plus, helping out a fellow badminton fanatic: priceless.

Similar Threads

  1. Isle of Wight, UK
    By Mark (Winex UK) in forum UK
    Replies: 1
    : 04-28-2012, 08:10 PM
  2. Klippermate M140 and higher tensions
    By Josico in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 11
    : 09-05-2011, 12:09 AM
  3. Klippermate M140 vs Pros Pro Challenger 1
    By Rohly in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 7
    : 11-19-2009, 11:30 PM
  4. WTS: USED Klippermate M140 Stringing machine $125 USD
    By silentheart in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 7
    : 05-06-2008, 11:01 AM
  5. AT800 broken klippermate M140
    By Pani1997 in forum Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools
    Replies: 34
    : 05-25-2007, 06:57 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •