Coaching Young children in schools

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by alisonmc, Feb 11, 2010.

1. alisonmc

alisonmc New Member

Coach and Checkout operator
    hi im coaching around schools in badminton. i was looking for some good fun activities to get them interested in badminton.
    Iv used toss up, around the world, knock out, relay races, front court games etc. these children are about primary4/5. i have 1 court and 26 children. does anyone know any other interesting/fun things i could get the doin that isnt going into badminton too much as some cannot even hit the shuttle. thanks :D

2. ctjcad

ctjcad Regular Member

^^Hmm..^^

Initially, all you want is to just expose the game and make it fun to them. If you could introduce the basics to them as well, that'd be great. Maybe show them videos from youtube. Once they get the hang of it or seem interested, then you can go further in introducing more of the game.

#2 ctjcad, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2010
  3. druss

druss Regular Member

Another thing to try is to play pass the shuttle, put some kids in a circle and have them pass the shuttle around using their rackets. Make them go faster as they get better and whoever drops one has to sit out.

another thing to try is to get the kids to practice their back hand by hitting shuttles into the air as high as they can. see how high and how many in a row they can do.