User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Caarl View Post
    You blow yourself out. Dont keep smashing. As my grandad always said if you've smashed twice, don't smash a third time because you'll most likely put it into the net. Instead do a drop shot and let them pick the shuttle up which gives you time to regroup and have another go at smashing.
    If their return is really good then smashing continuously may not be the best option. However, if you're on the attack with a good smash, no reason not to smash way more than 2 or 3 times in order to push your opponents further back. It only works if you have the energy though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thank you all for all the great suggestions.

And all the congratulations...

yes my partner and i were very happy and the opponents were in shock... and yes it has given us a termendous confidece.

HOWEVER:

we discussed that we as a team should always have a plan A, B and C... if plan A is not working we should be able to switch to Plan B within a game!!! not after thinking and strategising for a week!!!

so maybe we you guys can shed some light on that... i am sure good teams have that... and i am sure there must ways to practice that.

sincere thanks to everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mann68 View Post

yes my partner and i were very happy and the opponents were in shock... and yes it has given us a termendous confidece.

HOWEVER:

we discussed that we as a team should always have a plan A, B and C... if plan A is not working we should be able to switch to Plan B within a game!!! not after thinking and strategising for a week!!!

so maybe we you guys can shed some light on that... i am sure good teams have that... and i am sure there must ways to practice that.

I'm so happy that you and your partner get along with your tactics.

I just lost a competition yesterday. The main reason is my partner kept lifting. He said the opponents' defences were too strong. He wasn't patient enough.

I couldn't impose my strategy because he's the better player (skillwise). He doesn't listen to me. He likes to partner with me because he says we have good rotation/chemistry on court. The problem is, he doesn't believe that doubles is an attacking game, thus, the lift. The worst part is, I'm being blamed for our loss.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by venkatesh View Post
    I'm so happy that you and your partner get along with your tactics.

I just lost a competition yesterday. The main reason is my partner kept lifting. He said the opponents' defences were too strong. He wasn't patient enough.

I couldn't impose my strategy because he's the better player (skillwise). He doesn't listen to me. He likes to partner with me because he says we have good rotation/chemistry on court. The problem is, he doesn't believe that doubles is an attacking game, thus, the lift. The worst part is, I'm being blamed for our loss.
    That's pretty much the problem I have with some of my partners. With some partners, it's pretty much all attacking and we have no problem complementing each other. With others, they tend to slow down the game and try to outwit the other opponents, which doesn't really jive with me.
    But we just try to adjust the games as best we can.

If your partner in the tournament is your fixed partner, you probably should try to get advice from a third person to objectively analyze your game and give advice on who's making the mistake or who should be changing their game.

I find it's pretty impossible to be in the game yourself and comment on the game. Very easily becomes a blaming game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mann68 View Post

HOWEVER:

I'm not sure if KKK and TBH also have such a Plan A, B and C, but if you try looking at some of their games, the change in strategy is quite obvious in some of the matches. But probably at their level, they can execute all Plan A, B and C equally well, so it's not much of an issue. Just a matter of using which strategy against which type of opponents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that is teh point... that the team shoud be able to think right there and then and switch to plan B ... not analyse after the game... its difficult to read the game when you are in the middle of it... it has to be practiced from before...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Next level,

Mann, congratulations passing this hurdle. But bear in mind-A bigger challenge is waiting for you-That is a highly aggressive attacking pair. They are even tougher nuts to crack.

All these strategies and tips will do no good-Only improving on the basics will help. No plan A B or C. Everything will boil down to who has better skills and badminton mind.

There are only for shot options for you to play at any given time (By Jake Downey) & you want to select the most attacking shot possible. The options are,
    1. A winning shot-Say net kill or smash from mid court
    2. An attempted winner or building shot-Net tumble or smash from back court
    3. A shot which you opponents can not do much with-High clear, drive or push
    4. A shot that will keep you in the rally- When you have no choice but to lift, otherwise you lose the rally immediately. Eg. Return to a net tumble or good smash.
    You & partner want to play shot no. 1 which is always not possible. Hence all your other shorts are aimed at getting you to play a winning shot. And that is the basic strategy you have in mind.

Shot option 4 is the least preferred which will hand over the stick to opposition asking them to beat you! & sure, they will luv to. Hence you increase the speed and skills so that you are not forced to clear many times.

Hope this helps
    All the best
    Pricne

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3