Yonex Ti-3 or Ti-3 Light

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by tonten, Dec 10, 2002.

1. tonten

tonten Regular Member

Student
    Hi
    At the moment I have a Yonex Ti-3 and I have been using it for 10 months

I don't know why, but the Ti-3 still feels weird.

My old racket was a VF 96 and it was pretty light (But it broke, so I bought the Ti-3 because the guy told me that your smashes can be harder with head heavy rackets)

I've been thinking of getting a Ti-3 Light though now, because I feel that for some reason my smashes are more powerful with lighter rackets. I am not very strong actually, and even the girls here can beat me in arm wrestling. I think it may be that I am able to put more of my own strength or body weight into a smash with a lighter racket.

But anyways, compared to the Ti-3, is the Ti-3 light better? It's lighter, but does that mean is it less durable? Or should I just stick with the Ti-3 until I get even more used to it.

2. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
    Ok, here comes the debate again for light racket vs. heavy racket.

Personally, I believe whether u can smash hard come from various reasons, such as:

1. Playing style: Generally, offensive type players have (have to have???) harder hit than defensive minded players. I consider myself as a defensive double player, who like to attack from the net. I generally use 3U, 4U rackets, for quick defensive response, however, they still can generate enough power when I need to do a "surprise smash" to kill my opponents when they are off-balance.

2. Timing: No matter how good a racket is, the users are the main factor to whether utlize it or not. For beginners, who always miss the proper timing of swinging, it's hard to generate any power.

3. Arm strength: If u want to be a hard hitter, work on ur arm/wrist strength. Can't stay as the fact that even girls are stronger than u (hmmm... unless u r talking about those girls from wrestling team something)... :D Try to swing a tennis racket when u are training, and it should help u slowly.

4. Quick swing: F= M * A. A quick swing definitly a big bonus in power generating.

5. Head heavy racket: If u looking for "heavy" racket for power, u actually may think about "head heavy" instead of "heavy, but head light" (since u don't have too much arm strength).