Mizuno badminton shoes

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by Ricky, Dec 11, 2002.

1. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Recently I've bought a pair of Mizuno Wave Smash GP in Taiwan, I think this is the best badminton shoes I've ... after my broken Mizuno Wave Smash Ti.

Fyi, I've the following badminton shoes so far :

(1) Mizuno LBR
    (2) Mizuno Wave Smash Ti
    (3) Yonex SHB92EX
    (4) Yonex SHB95Mid

In Japan, (2) and (4), costs almost the same, i.e. they are the top model from Mizuno and Yonex respectively. The Wave Smash Ti is the 1st badminton shoes which I heard that it contains Titanium fibre ... There is no doubt it is an excellent pair of badminton shoes, especially the cushioning is perfect. If you love to jump smash a lot, I'll pretty sure that you will love this shoes the 1st time you play with it in court ... In fact, it protected my feet very well in last year (my feet was usually a bit pain when I weared Yonex after 2 to 3 hours of game, but I didn't have the same problem after I switched to Wave Smash Ti).

Wave Smash GP is the replacement of Wave Smash Ti and it can be found in Taiwan at NTD 18,000 - http://www.shuttle-house.com/Mail-Order/catalog/Mizuno/Mi02-28.htm. At this price, this is no doubt the best (the one being sold in Taiwan is exactly the same as the one being sold in Japan, unlike the sucks Yonex ...).

Fyi, Wave Smash GP will be replaced by another model Wave Smash SK in Japan this month - http://www.shuttle-house.com/NewFace/02-03mizuno_catalog2.files/02_03_mi_p31/02-03miP31_7KM_310.htm. Except for the change in style, they are basically the same.

I remember that I paid over HK$1,000 for my Wave Smash Ti, which is over 2 times the price of my Wave Smash GP, but I would still say it worths the price. So if you have chance to come to Taiwan, make sure to get a pair of this excellent shoes.

2. jwu

jwu Regular Member

Medical Research
    hmm interesting ricky, I've actually heard about the wave smash shoe from friends in HK that have them. Are you sure about the price? It's perhaps 1,800NTD not 18,000NTD because that would be a $600 USD shoe and I think that's asking a lot. :D Interesting though, my friends actually use them for volleyball. Good shock absorption and comfortable to wear, a little bit on the narrow side so if you got wide feet, it might not be too comfortable. Anyway, at least that's what I've heard. :)

3. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    It's NTD1,800, i.e. about four hundreds HK dollars. This is very cheap in my opinion because a typical badminton shoes in HK costs $3xx, consider this is the top model from Mizuno.

As far as I know, Mizuno volley ball shoes are the top of the world ... there are many people wearing them.

In compare with other brands (like Yonex or Nike), I don't think Mizuno shoes are on the narrow side. However, I did found specific models have special emphasis on suitability for wide feet. In addition, I also have a feeling that my old Wave Smash Ti is wider than my new Wave Smash GP. Anyway, I found them more comfortable than Yonex.

p.s. Recently one of my friends have bought a pair of Yonex SHB89M from Japan. It looks very wide to me, perhaps it is because it is designed specially for men.

4. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

Hi Ricky and every one

I have a pair of YY that first broke between upper and sole then I used super glue they were OK for a while now it broke again. I have been seeking for new shoes and I read your thread which helped me a lot to decide to get one of Mizuno. Thanks for that. Now I narrow down with 2 options Wave Smash Ti or GP version. I saw them at Luxis web site. May I ask you all a stupid question:
    My YY shoes size is 26 (Japan size) so I assume the size for Mizuno should be the same, shouldn't it? and how much for GP and Ti version at the current HK market ?
    Thanks a lot
    BTW only few minutes to the new year

HAPPY NEW YEAR OF GOAT

5. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    This is not a stupid question!

When I used SHB95(which fell apart), I had size 27 Japan. But for Mizuno, I wear 27.5.

Try before you buy!!

6. TOmike

TOmike Regular Member

Student
    i do not believe that the Western world uses the New Year in association with any agricultural animal. :p

7. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    For me, I wear 27 for both Yonex and Mizuno, but it is always a good idea to try before buy when buying shoes.

I think Wave Smash Ti is no longer available. If you buy from Luxis, when don't buy the newest model Wave Smash SK ?

8. ksr2

ksr2 Regular Member

Research Technologist
    Hi Ricky,

Would you mind telling us where did you get your Mizuno badminton shoes in Taiwan? I assume it's not common to find them in any sport store there. My friend may go there sometime soon and be able to get one for me. I used to buy it from Luxis but it's rather expensive as you know. I agree with you that it's still well worth the money though. However, who doesn't want to save some money these day:D . I appreciate if you can share the info with us.

Thanks.

9. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

Thank you Cheung and Ricky

I was going to HK but thing has changed in the last minute, what a bummer !!! I can't be there personally to be able to try b4 buy, but my friend still go there which is my last hope to get my rackets and shoes etc....
    Ricky, would you post any picture of SK version if you could it would be much appreciated.

10. modious

modious Regular Member

11. Vdz

Vdz Regular Member

guess what ? I have been searching for an hour for SK version and I can't find it even at Mizuno office site, and I came back here and Bingo I got Modious help. It is really great help from you guys. Many thanks to Modious and all of you.

12. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    This is the shop where I bought my Wave Smash GP :

¼Ö·~Åé¨|(¦ì¸m¦b´_¿³«n¸ôªñ¥x¤j«áªù¤fªþªñ)
    ¥x¥_¥«´_¿³«n¸ô¤G¬q358¸¹¤§¤@ 2¼Ó
    ¶O¤åµX phone: (02)23785188 (02)23724575

I believe they will have Wave Smash SK later this year. The shop is near the back entrance of Taiwan University.