Cramps

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by Munch, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Munch

Munch Regular Member

I have been playing badminton for a while now non-stop and I thought I would be immune from cramps (probably 5 months from my last cramp). I have recently been getting a lot of cramps and after the first one I started eating a lot of bananas, re hydration, and stretching. However despite my attempts I still am getting cramps, but in increasing intensity now moving from calves towards my quads as well. Is there something i'm missing or is there an easier way to get rid of cramping?

2. visor

visor Regular Member

Hmmm... sounds like you're already doing the right things, so maybe you have to make your footwork more efficient? Maybe video yourself in a game and see whether any improvements can be made.

3. druss

druss Regular Member

What do you do when you're not playing? Have you been trying to bulk up muscles? How long do you play per session?

4. Munch

Munch Regular Member

I will try to find a good recorder. Will bring it to my tournament next week.

When i'm not playing I just go to school with heavy books and even 10 pounds weight on my ankles. For most part when i'm docile I am watching movies on my computer.
    No bulking of muscles. Maybe my wrist because I felt that I can't move the AT900p fast enough for defense. I did however did some intense fitness 4 weeks ago.
    I play 2 hours per session with 2 sessions per week. Sometimes 3.

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Maybe that intense fitness 4 wks ago did it.

Also, make sure you have enough protein in your diet, eg. meats, beans, etc. in order to build up your muscles.

6. master_taz101

master_taz101 Regular Member

also make sure that you bring back all the sodium that you have lost everytime you play.

btw have you checked the faq section of the forum?

7. Munch

Munch Regular Member

Cramps are a easy thing to fix however. Cramps that increase in intensity is something im worried about.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

In that case, you may want to consult your physician about it, and ask him to check you out for any metabolic, electrolyte or muscle disorders.