ns9k arc10 or at900t?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by firearc, Feb 18, 2010.

1. firearc

firearc Regular Member

Arc10 is not very stiff but slightly more head heavy. ns9000 and ns9900 is stiff so I'm not sure which will be better for power? Heard arc10 has more power than at900t but what about nanospeed 9k/9.9k?

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

About NS9000 (both versions) vs NS9900, the NS9900 has a more slim profile and can be swung faster although all three are about the same balance point, thus allowing power generation from immediate swing acceleration easy. Arcsaber 10 on the other hand relies on the slightly flexible head which first holds and then repels the shuttle away which gives adequate power and some last second control. Armortec 900 Technique relies on the Elastic Ti which is placed on the frame that has similar but more stable although less "hold time" of the shuttle as the Arc10.

Choose the one which you like based on feel, there is nothing more that I can explain.

3. firearc

firearc Regular Member

I'm actually using arc10 3u and can't get used to it, too much hold. Hard to hit the sweetspot. I needed to hit the sweetspot to get a bang. Would at900t be better or ns9k for power and feel?

4. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

depends on what you like. AT for Head heavy, NS for head lite. I would say the AT900 because it is quite used friendly, but if you want a racket with a stiffer head, go with a NS9.9K.

5. Munch

Munch Regular Member

My perception on some racquets:
    AT900t: probably most moderate choice between the 4. Little more heavier than 9900 so if you want power then this is your choice.
    Arc10: Kind of too flexible. Good power and nice weight
    NS9900: Good weight (had more feel than other NS). Very stiff which is big bonus for me. Will be best overall for any type of defense or offensive.
    NS9k: Can't really say much on this. Mine broke before I could get a feel for it in tournaments but definite upgrade on weight from 8k.