User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 18 to 30 of 30
  1. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Pete LSD
    I played with blonde Head Peter against Steven and his old timer partner. Maybe you were still there but everyone left already except a couple of people. We were the last ones to leave the court.
    Hmmm you guys must have been the last game of the night. I think I went to change just before that game so didn't see it. So your identity is a mystery to me still heheh.

  2. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default

    I was the guy who consistently partnered with April L so you may not have noticed. I wore a gray T-shirt and shorts. I partnered with (oppppssss forgot?) near the end and went against Steven and Lillian. Darn it, it was close near the end but we couldn't close it!!!

    However, I think I saw Peter Lau, the short guy. He left earlier.

    Anyway, I will drop by VRC this weekend.

  3. #20
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Pete LSD
    I was the guy who consistently partnered with April L so you may not have noticed. I wore a gray T-shirt and shorts. I partnered with (oppppssss forgot?) near the end and went against Steven and Lillian. Darn it, it was close near the end but we couldn't close it!!!

    However, I think I saw Peter Lau, the short guy. He left earlier.

    Anyway, I will drop by VRC this weekend.
    OMG! *LOL* This is too funny! I mentioned earlier as a joke that I have no clue who you are so I could have played with you all night and not have known... and I DID play with you all night!!! I can't believe this coincidence... hilarious. I was your partner in that game vs. Steve and Lillian! And my wife and I played against you in mixed doubles for half the night!

    Just TOO FUNNY!

  4. #21
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    2,373
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Tell me about it, there were so many people that half the time, I have no idea who I will be playing against next.

    So, timeless, did Pete LSD joined us for the late night snack? Will have to see if I can get time off to go again this Saturday

  5. #22
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by Winex West Can
    Tell me about it, there were so many people that half the time, I have no idea who I will be playing against next.

    So, timeless, did Pete LSD joined us for the late night snack? Will have to see if I can get time off to go again this Saturday
    No, unfortunately he wasn't there for that. But now that I know who he is we'll have to all play soon . That would be great if you can come out this Saturday. I actually didn't get to play with any of the Richmond Badminton Club members that night. I was caught out of court rotation with you guys, and with that many people there it was impossible to sync up. That group of friends plays every Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday from 10PM onwards, so you're welcome to come out on any of those nights. I find it a little late but at least the courts are totally free at that time. This past Saturday was weird though... crazy busy. Hopefully it won't be that bad this weekend. I sometimes play on Friday nights too and compared to Saturdays it's no where near as busy. The group that I normally play with on Friday actually decided to play on Saturday last weekend, which certainly added to the regular Saturday night population.

  6. #23
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb It's You!

    Now I know who you are!!! It was fun playing against you and your wife. April was very pleased in general. We shall play on Fri and Sat.

  7. #24
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: It's You!

    Originally posted by Pete LSD
    Now I know who you are!!! It was fun playing against you and your wife. April was very pleased in general. We shall play on Fri and Sat.
    Yeah we play with April quite often. In fact, we're playing with her tomorrow too. My wife was invited to play womens doubles but I'm tagging along too heheh. If you're free, you should come play. Maybe we can play mixed or find two other guys for doubles. Otherwise I guess I'll see you at the club on Wednesday or Friday/Saturday.

    This is neat... I've met two forum members in one night (although you and I played earlier on in the week as well), and the best part of it is that it wasn't even planned. Just pure coincidence!

  8. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Timeless: How long was the average waiting time last Saturday night? I heard at one point there was up to 10 courts waiting?

  9. #26
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Post VERY LONG

    It was very long - the average was more like 20 minutes between games.

  10. #27
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    6,302
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Re: It's You!

    I will try to make it but there is no guarantee.

    Originally posted by timeless
    Yeah we play with April quite often. In fact, we're playing with her tomorrow too. My wife was invited to play womens doubles but I'm tagging along too heheh. If you're free, you should come play. Maybe we can play mixed or find two other guys for doubles. Otherwise I guess I'll see you at the club on Wednesday or Friday/Saturday.

    This is neat... I've met two forum members in one night (although you and I played earlier on in the week as well), and the best part of it is that it wasn't even planned. Just pure coincidence!

  11. #28
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by badrad
    Timeless: How long was the average waiting time last Saturday night? I heard at one point there was up to 10 courts waiting?
    It was B R U T A L LOL. I was on that 10th court!! I'd say PeteLSD is right that the average wait times were about 20min between games. I tried to make my games last as long as possible . That 10 court wait was bad though... I could have had a racquet restrung during that time. My friend exclaimed, "Hey, this is like playing at a community centre" LOL!

  12. #29
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Surrey, Canada
    Posts
    1,579
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Reminds me why I have avoided Saturday nights all this time. Hahahaha - community center night at the VRC!

    20 minutes, especially during these winter months is more than enough time for your body to cool down completely. Takes time to warm up again before playing to prevent any serious injuries.

  13. #30
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    916
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Originally posted by badrad
    Reminds me why I have avoided Saturday nights all this time. Hahahaha - community center night at the VRC!

    20 minutes, especially during these winter months is more than enough time for your body to cool down completely. Takes time to warm up again before playing to prevent any serious injuries.
    Yeah I'm going to have to think twice the next time someone wants me to play on Saturday night .

    Ironically, as busy as it was, I felt it was warmest night in there since the fall. I guess all those extra bodies and the heat lamps were kept going all night . So I actually didn't feel "cold" while I was waiting.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Similar Threads

  1. mas 2012 olympic games programme
    By limsy in forum Professional Players
    Replies: 20
    : 11-10-2008, 08:21 AM
  2. Fitness programme
    By b2harath2 in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 1
    : 11-24-2007, 05:52 AM
  3. Want Money? Show Us Your Programme!
    By Loh in forum General Forum
    Replies: 0
    : 03-15-2006, 04:10 AM
  4. World Jr Championship : Chinese juniors whitewash our shuttlers in Vancouver
    By ants in forum World Junior Championships 2004
    Replies: 0
    : 10-23-2004, 09:51 PM
  5. What kind of training programme?
    By KS871 in forum Techniques / Training
    Replies: 1
    : 10-14-2003, 10:23 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •