User Tag List

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

how do you do drop-in in mandarin? I don't see an option of "drop-in" from their web.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

isn't a day pass at mandarin like $14?
    Cuz that's what I paid last time I was there... but that was a few years ago, lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mr.Meatball we - the greater powers - are planning a day of badminton very soon, would you be interested? The usual suspects will be there

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PopsiclePete View Post
    Mr.Meatball we - the greater powers - are planning a day of badminton very soon, would you be interested? The usual suspects will be there
    do I ever say no to badminton?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you can get a guest pass for around $100 tax in for 10 drop ins at mandarin.

though i think you need to know someone who's a member there to get this deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GT0ro View Post
    you can get a guest pass for around $100 tax in for 10 drop ins at mandarin.

though i think you need to know someone who's a member there to get this deal.
    Yes, you're right. For guest who wishes to drop in at Mandarin, they would need a member to bring them in.
    Drop In fees is $90 + HST 13% tax for 10 drop in sessions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Checked the place out, seem to be very nice place to play there, better then Argincourt. With all the cost of membership and fee still cheaper then Argincourt. I be joining there soon, if you need to buy guest pass. let me know, I will do it once I get me membership there. So long Argincourt.
    Last edited by magicwrist; 12-13-2010 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I bought an annual membership at Agincourt Open. And I have complaints myself.

David, the owner, is so cheap. Obviously.

When there is a bunch of people dropping in, he gets all the courts booked EXCEPT one or two courts; which are left for us! What the hell? Is this fair? We have 20-30 drop ins, and he leaves us with one or two courts; and might I add that the people on the court(s) do not bother to start a game (most of the time), and just rally for a good 20-30 minutes -- while David is sitting there in his chair or standing behind his glass counter (with overpriced and small food items), not bothering to kick them off or tell them to start a game! Oh great. Just fantastic. /end sarcasm. Leave us drop-ins there to die, siting on the floor and chairs, only left there to rot and decay.

I've been there since almost the beginning of the opening of the business [when it was just 1$ (promotion purposes)]. During this time span, he has increased the drop-in price to a whopping seven dollars, with HST. I am still in high school, and from my teachings in my accounting class, when you are charging HST, you should be handing out receipts as well. From what I can tell, his math is unsatisfactory. Should we really be trusting his calculating skills? Oh, don't worry! He has a son and a daughter to do the business calculations. Future accountants, or badminton heiresses, they are.

I've been told that he has increased the price of drop-in because of heating. Excuse me, but, I go there almost three days a week, and he rarely turns on the cheap piece of crap heating! I mean really, how old is that thing! Oh I mean things, there's two of them. How comical. And when he does turn it on, it takes FOREVER to even notice a SLIGHT change in increased temperature. If you're grubbing all our money then at least buy satisfactory heating! Same goes for air conditioning. Although your prices are competitive (lower) as compared to other badminton centres, at least they provide a good environment to play badminton in. Good lighting, air conditioning/heating, equal if not better courts, better players, and what have you. Also, their heat... let's call them boxes. Their heat boxes (that's how shitty they are), when turned on, blow this gust of semi-warm air into the courts, altering the directions of the shuttle birds. Fabulous, now we can definitely play badminton like this! Hell no, sir.

Can I also mention that I received an email (I subscribed to their notifications on their website) that they are planning to have a karaoke room and showers? Showers is fine, but personally I will not use them. I can shower at my house, and I don't have to walk on floors covered with strangers' pubic hair, and what other infested stuff have you. But, a KARAOKE ROOM? Are you kidding? This is badminton not a karaoke jam centre. I can only think of a few things you can spend that money better on. Oh wait, I can tell you -- heating, air conditioning, HOT WATER TO WASH YOUR HANDS WITH, better lighting, and maybe then will we be happy paying what we are paying.

I have gotten use to their lighting -- a bit. They are so bright from the ceiling, to your sides, behind you, on the floor... on your mom. That's how bright it is.

By the way, I hate how there's stairs. I want to get tired on the court, not walking up to the courts. Thanks.

I probably have more stuff to complain about, but the lights in Agincourt probably altered my perspective of how to think and see life.

Want to know the sad thing? I have to keep playing there -- until August 2011.

Clearly, a f*ck my life moment.

Kudos. If ya'll wanna know more, holla at me!
    Last edited by Hakular; 12-29-2010 at 11:46 PM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Wow!! That made for interesting reading this AM! Now I know I will never go to this place, for sure! Clearly this David guy isn't into making friends or giving value for money, or even abiding by the law!!

My condolences to you, btw....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the story of my life.
    Thanks. :$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We agreed with you. It's a shame of how they're running their business. They started off ok, but when David starts being calculative on numbers and unwilling to listen to his customer feedbacks, things will hardly be improved at all. Can't figure out why he's planning to set up a karaoke room there, the noise could be another problem on the list of complaints.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

So where do you play now?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there any group playing in Woodbridge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@ Hakular

I don't believe you mentioned that you brought your concerns/feedback to the owner directly.

You haven't made any suggestions as to resolve the issues.

Why do you have to keep playing there until Aug 2011???? If it is so bad then as a consumer you have a right to take your business elsewhere

It's not a certainty in life but most often you get what you pay for (facilities, crowded). Is there another dedicated badminton facility with drop in for/close to $7?

There ARE costs in life (especially for renting a large commercial space). I agree that maybe the owner did not accurately plan/forecast said costs but they exist regardless. The owner need to make a price adjustment so that HE is not paying for people to play badminton. With time almost everything becomes more expensive.

Drop in is for people who would like to play but do not have enough players/unable to plan ahead enough to rent a court and that's why it is crowded. It is VERY difficult to advise people ahead as to the number of people attending as drop in. Try getting people you know together to rent a court. Try calling just before you leave the house to see what the volume of people is like there.

I also don't think the karaoke idea is great but at least the owner is trying to improve. This is where your direct feedback would help him plan.

I'm not saying I totally disagree with your post but maybe try to be proactive first.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Adidascanada:
    Why do you think it is necessary to teach the owner how he should run his business?
    Do you think it is necessary to remind him to issue a receipt for payments where he charges HST?
    Do you think it is necessary to point out to the owner that he must not over-commit on drop-in bookings to the almost exclusion of paid-up customers?
    Do you think it is necessary to ask the owner to turn up the heat on a cold winter day?
    Do you think it is necessary to remind the owner to actively manage the use of the courts if players are taking too long to begin the game, on a busy day?
    Why do you advise the customer to be proactive, when the same is to be expected of the owner? As far as I can tell, all the owner does is count the cash, and the customers to keep donating to this private charity. From everything that people have said so far on this thread, do you really think the owner gives a damn? Do you really think some of the customers would not have pointed out the shortcomings to the owner?
    BTW, a drop-in for a set period of 2-3 hours for $7 is ok, IF the facilities were on par with anywhere else: community centres, colleges, private clubs etc. But the facilities are NOT.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't say what was being stated was untrue and illegitimate but suggesting that being part of the solution can help everyone.
    and Yes I do think it is necessary to remind and point things out to him. That is ALSO your right as a customer.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

And if things have been pointed out to him by some customer or other in the course of the time he has been in business, (as is very probable) what do you think he should be doing?

And if there is no reasonable response or correction in attitude or service, what do you think the customers should be doing? Saying thank you??? Or letting others know where they should NOT be going? Maybe informing CRA? Or some other agency for questionable business practises? Or the City commercial inspectors? That is also one's right as a (quite duped) customer.

My point is essentially this: Customers are not supposed to teach or educate a business owner about HIS responsibilities to the paying public. That is the typical kind of bull***t that "customer service" people are taught to hand out: spread the responsibility and blame. It doesn't work that way.

More realistically, I don't believe things have not been brought to the owner's notice. Or that he is so stupid that he doesn't know he is walking a very fine line of illegal action/inaction. Ignorance of the law is no excuse. Being unconcerned about the quality of basic service and amenities is unforgivable, especially when he knows what elements go into creating a decent badminton facility, and he chooses to cut corners. He is not a child. He knows exactly what he is doing, and should be prepared for the consequences.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast