Armortec Battle- 700 vs 900 Technique!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by lilyaks, Feb 19, 2010.

1. lilyaks

lilyaks Regular Member

cut to the chase...

which is a better singles/doubles/ all-around racquet?

which do you guys prefer?

which is good at what?

lolz
    Thanks

2. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

seeing as you have decided not to use the search function......

AT-900T : All- rounder/ doubles. Fast, yet packs a pretty big punch. its easy to use, and quite forgiving. the Aero frame allows it to cut through the air, and the head heavviness is what gives it the punch. its good for practically everything, seeing as it doesnt really lack.

AT-700: a racket that screams hammer time. very head heavy, lots of power, and the maneuverability isn't half bad. But, it seems a bit ... fragile, and its sweetspot isn't the biggest. its an offensive racket, so defending and frontal shots aren't really ideal. however, assuming you get used to the balance, it should be ok.

Which i prefer is a hard question. It depends on the time i have to get used to it. If i need to pick one up and play, i would say AT700, because i feel more comfortable with it. the AT900, while forgiving, swings, hits and feels a bit odd right off the bat. only after you get used to it does it become more useful.

Mind you, this is only the 4U versions. 3U's may be another story.

3. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    I think the T is more versatile, but YMMV. I've seen ppl play doubles with the 700 like it's a doubles racket, so just depends more on you rather than anything else.

4. staiger

staiger Regular Member

Investment Banker
    Is the 900T less head heavy than the 900p ?

5. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    It doesn't matter because when you pick up the racquet and swing it...it moves much faster due to the frame profile.

The reason I'm saying this is because my AT700s (similar to AT900P) have BPs of 305-310, while my AT900T has a bp of 325, but is much much faster.

6. LOW L S

LOW L S Regular Member

Student
    I would say the most well balanced singles and doubles racket would be the AT900T easy to swing and maneuver but like someone earlier has said, packs the power needed for doubles. I've been using a 3U AT900T for two years now and I found it AWESOME :), I play singles and doubles.

7. thejym

thejym Regular Member

I used to have the AT900T and I just never got used to it. You never would expect a head-heavy racket to swing so fast, so it always threw me off. I guess I was also switching between that and another racket that was less head-heavy when I played so I never gave myself the chance to get fully accustomed to it. I think it's a great racket though.

8. Easy Tiger

Easy Tiger Regular Member

Bum
    I'm still really curious about a 4U AT900T.