which one are u using to string your/your customer's racket?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by CYW2006, Feb 20, 2010.

1. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

2. maa2003

maa2003 Regular Member

#2 maa2003, Feb 20, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2010
  3. Xuser

Xuser Regular Member

Computer Network Analyst
    Wrong videos

I think you got the two mixed up :) The 1st video is pre-weaved and the 2nd video is not.

Anyways, I have a question as I'm trying to learn how to string if someone can help me out.
    Referring to the non-preweaved technique in this videos, it seems the stringer starts the main without any "beginning' knots. Is this because he start stringing in the middle of the string? Is this the standard way of stringing the mains?

4. silentheart

silentheart Regular Member

Hi Xsuer,
    1) The first video tension from right to left. That is one of the worse method. This is good for stringer because it save string and time. Bad for racquet and playability because it put uneven stress on the racquet and it will play different when you hit off center. Also, the first tie off it bad. Some stringer like it. I am against it because you are putting 3 strings in a share hole for 2 strings.
    2) For your question. Depend on your machine. If you have a badminton specific machine with tension head close to the frame, yes, pre weave is a good option because it is faster and save string if you tension from center out on the mains. For me, my machine is difficult to tension a racquet with all string pre-weaved. I only pre-weave the main because it save me about 2 min time. By pre-weave main only, it also give me option of start cross from top down, throat up middle out. Yes, if you pre-weave all cross too, you can have top down and throat up option.
    3) By start from center out, you will have 2 tie off knots, not starting knot.

5. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

That first video is apalling: left to right mains tensioning is completely insane because it dumps hundreds of pounds of compression on one side of the frame. Anyone who has taken a stringing certification will know that this practice is abhored; indeed, the UKRSA are happy with 3, 6, 6, finish, finish. I always do LRRLLRR etc so that one side is no more than one main ahead of the other.

6. CYW2006

CYW2006 Regular Member

agree with u mark....

7. Mwesty

Mwesty Regular Member

Also agree with you mark. What I tend to do when I'm stringing 26lbs+ is LRRLLRR.. then when I get to around the last 3-4 mains on each side, start doing LRLRLR.