Victor Brave Sword 09 vs Yonex Arsaber 10

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by DanhNguyen5.3, Feb 20, 2010.

1. DanhNguyen5.3

DanhNguyen5.3 Regular Member

I was wondering what I should get, I have the money to buy either Arc10 or BS09 but I dont know what to get...

ummmmmmmmmmmm lol... I like to smash, I like to smash when I get the chance, but also at time I also tend to do dropshots also, and I like getting really accurate in my shots (smash and drops).
    I really my netplay and netplay deceptions, I want good control at net.
    I'm not a pro at drives, but I use it when I can, and try to make them clear so I can smash, drop, or clear.
    Not too big on defence right now due to using a head heavy racket, but still quiet good, want to be able to have abit better defence.

ummmm right nnow I'm using Victor powerwave 12, is medium flex, headheavy with a long shaft and handle. I enjoy using it alot. I enhoy the head heavyness of the racket, but then again I also like use evenly balance for a better defence play, but because of the flex, I get alot of power from the wiping affect fromt he racket to couter attack, Victor PW12 is really light, easy to hold, fast swing speed, good power and angle on smashes, when tired I can put less effort but still get almost the same amount of power and less angle cuz of the flex, and exellent control.

I was wondering what I should get Victor BS09 or Arc10

Like Victor BS09 has alot of the same specs as PW12, but just better, but Arcsaber is evenly balance for better defence play and stiffer shaft for better smashes, but then again Bs09 smashes are fast when your tired I can hit slower with almost the same power, than regaininy my energy back to produce a bigger smash, I heard Bs09 can give good control but same for Arc10.

I was wondering what you guys/girls think I should get?

And I was also wondering what you guys/girls think about the two rackets, which one is better to your opinion?

2. DanhNguyen5.3

Specs of BS09

Headheavy ( not as heavy as Pw12 I think), Long slim shaft and handle, medium flex( same as Pw12 ), shockless grorment(Forgot how to spell that lol), light weight.

Specs of Arc10

Evenly balanced, normal slim shaft, stiff, light weight, SUPER HMG (The new ARCSABER10 is adopted High Modulus Graphite which has been integrated into the side of the frame to produce a high repulsion power.
    Hybrid frame, the combination of "Cup-Stack Carbon Nanotube" inside and "Super HMG" outside the frame, makes it possible to control a hard shot with flexibility and repulsion power. quoting yones.com )

3. DanhNguyen5.3

really I dont care about the brands, I like both brands lol, and enjoyed using both rackets from my friends lol, and please dont suggest me which to get because YOU think is the best, please make it out of my I can do and what is better for me to get.

and do not pick by the brands, dont tell me to get something becuz you think that brand is better -.-

4. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Hey bro , if i were you , i will take victor brave sword 9 , the racket is better than Ach 10 , and is cheaper.. its worth it.

Its currently used by Korean top double player LEE YONG DAE.

Choose this racket can't be wrong .

Cheers;)

5. Athelete1234

Athelete1234 Regular Member

Student
    ....And LYD used ARC10 for a bit before his team switched sponsers...

I haven't used the Victor, but have picked up the ARC10, and can say that it has an interesting feel, and is powerful yet easy to move around. I dont' think you can really go wrong with that racquet for any style of play....IMO, it's an all-rounder.

My bias is that I've never tried the Victor, and that all of the racquets I use (AT700, SOTX D600) are heavy overall, very head heavy, and for the SOTX, have very stiff shafts.

6. DanhNguyen5.3

Loool, like I said I dont really care about the price. I just want to know whats better for me lool.
    Oh yeah everyone im single player xD.

and thankyou for sharing your idea with me lol, and can you tell me why you like BS09 and why you think is better than Arc10?

7. DanhNguyen5.3

Oh is ok, you never tried BS09 before loool, and which do you think is better for me from both the racket spec for a single player lol ??, I like playing allround too, I like putting different variety to my game when playing ( deception, drops, nets, offensive/defensive clears) , but then I also like smashing when I get a good chance, when I'm smashing I like to aggressively crush it down with a full swing. which one should I get ? but then again I want a rakcet that is forgiving too, so when im tired I can use less effort to make a good smash lol , but thats is totally if I cant get that for a better game or more accurate shots

8. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    I have the bs09 and tried arc10

bs09 i personally feel it's more for controlling playing and not so much for attacking and not too hard to adopt

as for the arc 10.. for some odd reason i think it's a bit too head heavy for me but it does generate decent amount of power and good net play as well.

but i would go for bs09, since i felt i was more comfortable with it.

9. LOW L S

LOW L S Regular Member

Student
    I know this racket is not the BS09 or Arc10 but you are trying to look for a racket?

Once I read "singles" there was a racket that popped straight into my head. The Bravesword 11 :). The one i tried was a 4U. Its medium flex slightly headheavy? When i played with it it smashed like a BEAST :) and control was awesome. My defending was a bit off cause I, like you own a heavier racket, but once you get used to it it should be fine.

As for the rackets you listed, I PERSONAL do not like the arc10, or in fact ANY of the arcsabers. I found them really weird having a lighter racket that felt a bit head heavy.

The BS09 I have yet to try but I will hopefully get to try it out in a few days! Maybe i'll give you some feedback.

But really! You should consider the BS11 too if your looking for a good singles racket.

10. DanhNguyen5.3

thankyou for your help silver, "if" you may/can tell me which is better for me from what I said about me ? ( forgot to say, im a single player, and that smashes I use a full swing )

and also for you attackign play wit bs09 was it like bad or any good at all? were there any power from it ?

11. LOW L S

LOW L S Regular Member

Student
    I'm not sure why my earlier post didn't go through.. So I apologize in advance if i double post.

I know this is a thread about the BS09 and Arc10 but, just thought i should give you another suggestion, once i read "Singles" the first racket that popped into my head was the Bravesword 11. I tried this racket a few times at my club and it played like a BEAST :).

It was a 4U mid flex racket. On my first clear I knew i was going to like this racket. Smashed like a beast and had awesome control. Drops were nice nets were pretty well controlled too.

I have yet to try the BS09. I will hopefully get to try it in a few days :) Maybe i'll give you some feedback.

As for the Arc10... I did NOT like this racket at all. Some people may say its awesome but IMO it felt kind of odd. It was a lighter racket.. that was headheavy.. In fact I don't really like ANY of the ArcSabers.

Just thought that you should consider the BS11 too if your looking for a singles racket :). Hope you find your racket soon!

12. DanhNguyen5.3

Lol dont worry I didnt saw your earlier comments lol.

ahh I cant buy it yet, is not out in Canada yet... :( hope fully one day I migt get one.

Oh Thankyou :D :D.

Ohhh thats true,I know alot of ppl who are like that too, they say it was really hard to handle, but isnt it evenly balanced ???. Ohh, but then again I like headheavy and light weight, but then again BS09 is lightweight and headheavy also ?

13. DanhNguyen5.3

also I dont know if I can or cant not use the Arcsaber also

14. LOW L S

LOW L S Regular Member

Student
    The BS11 was slightly head heavy - even. I actually really like the feel of it.

The BS11 is out in Canada but its just so hard to get your hands on one cause its so popular. Pretty much out of stock everywhere.

15. DanhNguyen5.3

hmmmm I didnt know that loool, but Bs09 is more headheavy and is light, try it, you might get alil more punch from it, is easy to swing, fast and plus the headheavy punches down fast.

Oh really....... thats why I cant find it -.-, lool, sadly the place where I play racket dont have for awhile now lol, or ever.

16. DanhNguyen5.3

but then again, Arcsaber10 is stiff and can be "lil" headheavy. which the flex is swing back faster, for a good smash, plus the light weight of the racket.

which is hard for me to pick between the two rackets

17. LOW L S

LOW L S Regular Member

Student
    I would say just ask your friends if they own any of the rackets. And give them a test run :p. Thats the only way you'll find the racket you like. Reading info from others and websites can only give you a broad idea.

18. DanhNguyen5.3

lol I can, but.... lol my friends wont let me use thier rackets xD, they have Arc10 and Bs09 lool

I would like the Bs09 cuz from the info it suits me more, but people say Arc10 is really good.

19. DanhNguyen5.3

Anyone please lol, if you have any questions about the rackets ask, or any facts about the two rackets, or you want to know which is better for what lol, cuz really I want to figure those out myself lol.

20. visor

visor Regular Member

What kinda friends do you have that won't even let you hit a couple of shots with their rackets?:confused:

All you need is to swing it and hit some clears, smashes, drops, etc for 10-15 minutes and you'll know whether it's right for you. Why don't you give them some incentive, like maybe some bubble tea drinks afterwards?:D