Armortec 700/700ldt or Amortec 900T/900P

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by J-Dragon, Feb 20, 2010.

1. J-Dragon

J-Dragon Regular Member

I want a new racket because i don't like the one i'm using now.

I was wondering between these rackets and don't know what to choose.

Play Style : I play singles and doubles. In singles, I do a lot of drop shots and smash when I have the opportunity. In doubles, I usually smash when I'm in the back and drop shot when I'm in front.

P.S : Today, I played a tournament and I used my partners Armortec 900P and I really liked it; It was my best tournament this year.:)

2. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

The new colour AT700 is pretty much exactly the same racquet model in just about every aspect (except colour) as the AT700LTD, so if you don't like either then don't bother with the other.

From your description you are most likely to be able to bring the best out of your gameplay with the AT900P. AT900T is more or less all around while AT900P suits constant drop shots and smashes a lot more.

3. LOW L S

LOW L S Regular Member

Student
    For a year or two now i've been using the AT900T 3U. Its a pretty awesome racket IMO. I play both singles and doubles with this racket. The AT900 T or P would definitely be your best choices :). I personal like the AT900P also but i went with the Technique and never regretted.

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

AT900T or AT900P would be a good choice, since you play both single and doubles. I just dont think AT700 suits single game.

5. dust2k

dust2k Regular Member

AT700 was Lin Dan's racket before he start to use Li Ning's N90, so now you know it's suitable or not :)

6. Blitzzards

I believe Yoppy meant the new generation AT700 which has more static stiffness (but does not store power/momentum as good as the older generation model) that is more suited for doubles play.

As for the older generation AT700 which Lin Dan used to use as you stated, please refer to my review on it, which includes a direct comparison with AT900P.

7. dust2k

dust2k Regular Member

Blitzzards, I guess u r right, but after 20 mins trying of both old color and new color of AT700, I didn't feel much difference :)

8. Blitzzards

I may not be professional enough to give thorough or truly undoubtable advice, but I guess you haven't yet used one AT700 from each generation long enough ;)

I have a club mate who claims the new gen AT700 has a larger sweet spot and therefore is more forgiving for doubles play. On the other hand I tend to find it easier to time with the old gen AT700 more than all my other racquet models when executing steep powerful jump smashes (I tend to play more singles also, and use my old AT700 for singles only). That club mate and I tend to use tensions of 27/28lbs ECP, especially mine which are all pre-stretched (thus giving a feel close to a 30lbs string job without prestretch) :D

9. dust2k

dust2k Regular Member

from tensions of racket, your level seems bit higher than me, :) 25/26lbs is the best for me at the moment, what I heard about AT700 old color and new color from my friends is same as what you said, that's why I believe you r right...

I feel N90 is more comfortable for me than AT700 or AT900P/T so I didn't spend time on AT700 for sure, that's why I didn't even want keep one of AT700 old color.

10. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

Sorry my mistake, i meant AT700 is not suitable for double game. Thanks for the correction.

11. BrioCloud

BrioCloud Regular Member

UC Davis Student
    I have been using an At-900P and have felt the power and sturdiness that it gives. I'm using a 3UG5 version BG-80 23lbs. I don't quite understand the At-900T, it feels like a muscle power, so it's not what I am looking for.

12. jymbalaya

jymbalaya Regular Member

900T or 700 if 4U. The 900P is very good, but i find that its defense suffers a bit. both the other rackets also hit very hard, and have a lot better defense imo. however, assuming you can wield the Power and have no problems whatsoever with fast reaction shots and defense, it will probably be the better racket.