Badminton Single Drills

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by JustinG, Feb 21, 2010.

1. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

I'm looking to learn some new singles drills; if anyone knows or has been doing some drills that they feel are effective for singles play, I would appreciate you share with me. :)

Thanks, Justin

2. bradmyster

bradmyster Regular Member

Customer server network Support
    im sure theres already lots of posts on this topic on the forums if u just search.....

if u dont wanna search its not too difficult to just think about it and make up some drills. With a training partner why not try drop net lift drill with all shots except the net being made crosscourts.

So serve...crosscourt drop....straight net...crosscourt lift and repeat. The more consistant u become the longer and more intense the training rallies will be.

3. marynakay

marynakay New Member

no job
    you should work on your footwork more. its the most important skill in badminton.
    "if you can't get there, it doesn't matter how good you can hit the birdie."

http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10543

and here is something i found here:

"The best excercise would be to actually run the corners on court, if you don't have a court then run lines. Make two lines or points approximately the width of a court and side step back and forth reaching down to touch the line each time. Do that as fast as possible 20 times, take a break, do it again.... do it as much as you can. This simulates our activity on court much better than continous running."

i used to do a lot of that activity, and my play improved a lot!!

4. marynakay

marynakay New Member

no job
    oh wow. i just saw that i took that "exercise" from your thread. well you should still listen to it. its a good one.

5. JustinG

JustinG Regular Member

thanks for the replies. I have added a couple of new drills to my training now. It's important to do different kinds of drills, they don't become boring and that you are always learning.

thnx