any stringing alternative?

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by angelus_2012, Dec 11, 2002.

1. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

Are there other types of stringing method beside the normal stringing method where the first knot is located on the second string (upper) vertical line and the other knot located on the second string (lower) vertical line on the same side of the frame? I'm sorry to make you all confused but I can't get a picture of my racket's stringing type. Basically, this type of stringing is a normal method because many people's racket have it.

So, is there an alternative stringing method? Anyway, what do you mean by the Main and the Cross? I know many of racket makers (Yonex) stated to put extra pounds on the cross than the main.

2. Yong

Yong Regular Member

ICT consultant
    Doubt that there is such thing as a 'normal' stringing method. But the knots don't need to be at 1 particular spot. The stringing method you describe sounds like a one-piece stringing job. With two-piece-stringing-jobs, the vertical (=main) and horizontal(=cross) strings consist of seperate-cut strings. With that method, you need 4 knots.
    I've seen rackets with knots on all kinds of spots.

I don't exactly understand what you mean with second upper vertival string, this means the knot is somewhere in the middle of the top ? which is imho not very common.
    I usually knot at the 6th grommet at the top for the cross string, and depending, somewhere 5th to 7th grommet at the bottom for main and other cross end.

3. angelus_2012

angelus_2012 Regular Member

kinda hard to understand.
    could anyone please send in a photo of a racket strung with the main and the cross clearly?

4. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer
  5. LazyBuddy

LazyBuddy Regular Member

Engineer