Yonex Graphlex 2002 Gold ?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Nilas, Dec 12, 2002.

1. Nilas

Nilas New Member

Does anyone know anything about this racket model? It´s sold here in Sweden but what is it?
    Thanks for any hints!
    /Nilas

2. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    It's a special for Intersport chain of stores I think. I don't know which model actually hides behind the repaint...

3. Nilas

Nilas New Member

Do you think it could be worth the prize of 590 skr? (The tag says it´s been sold for 1200 skr earlier.) I guess it´s kind of hard to tell since no one seems to know what it is hu?!

4. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Don't mind what the price tag says the price WAS. Intersport & Stadium chain stores always have that kind of "discounts". But the thing is, it's all BS, their "discount" prices is what you could get the racquet for in any other shop. Plus, they know zilch about badminton and will tell you anything, and sell you anything.

Always try before you buy. If they won't let you do that (and the chains won't) then don't buy from that shop. Alternatively, if you see somebody using that model, ask if you can try it for a few hits.

5. Mag

Mag Moderator

Graphic Designer
    Having said that, it all comes down to what you're looking for. If you're looking for a beginner's or intermediate racquet I guess the Graphlex is a possible alternative. But the price tag seems a bit high. You can get really a very good racquet for that price. Where are you located, and what other models have you looked at?

6. Yogi

Yogi Regular Member

To my surprise i have seen a Graphlex racket but not the 2002 edition in india. It was in on eof teh club shops form which nobody buys. It was a beg/int racket as i was let to try out the racket. It was painted slightly with goldish and yellow mix with something else. I have never seen that racket anywhere else and i wanted to bring i up in the forum when i was in india but i just forgot abt it.

I think it was the 2000 model. I am not sure how it ended up in that store but the price was very head at 45USD. I used to get a cab 21 or 20 for that price.It was a full graphite racket and i would say okk. I am no sure abt graplex 2002.