User Tag List

Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 80 ... LastLast

Thread: RKEP Grip

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squash Eric View Post
    G11 water blue will be more close to the right one. However, they are still not the same color.
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=140378436965
    Okay, thanks for the info. I just noticed for the colour description of G09 it is called Lavender (the one that is called 'Light Blue' for G09L). Lavender I would say is indeed the correct name for this colour ...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Got my order today!!! The G09L is soft and tacky!!! Thanks Eric!
    I use to put TAAN 950 on my rackets and the G09L feels similar to that, but the thing is it is softer and longer in size.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we get Nitto tape in any other colours than white or black? MBS stores only white/black.. Arc10 with red grip and red string would go well with a red nitto :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i just grab a small pack of green/white/red/blue/yellow electrical tape at my local hardware storw works great , can just trim it if too wide for your liking.

cory

Quote Originally Posted by nanocrazy View Post
    Can we get Nitto tape in any other colours than white or black? MBS stores only white/black.. Arc10 with red grip and red string would go well with a red nitto :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just put on the PowerMaster Purple Feels very tacky (as expected from earlier comments which is why I ordered the Super Softs ). A bit like the ArcSaber stock grip which I am trying to locate right now . I'm sure you sweating buckets folks will be enjoying it. Have nothing left that needs an overgrip right now so can't compare yet with the Super Softs ...

(looks close to the purple Yonex polo that KKK/TBH were wearing at the WC 2010 in Paris)

Last edited by demolidor; 05-22-2011 at 01:28 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by demolidor View Post
    Have nothing left that needs an overgrip right now so can't compare yet with the Super Softs ...
    That would be "replacement grip"

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, wanted to ask, u guys put the powermaster replacement grip then put G09 overgrip on top ? Would it make the racquet grip bigger ??
    It is not necessary to put the overgrip right ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by avengers88 View Post
    Hey guys, wanted to ask, u guys put the powermaster replacement grip then put G09 overgrip on top ? Would it make the racquet grip bigger ??
    It is not necessary to put the overgrip right ?
    huh?

powermaster is replacement grip... you don't put anything on top of it

and g09 is overgrip... you put this directly on top of the factory grip

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh really? LOL i din know. So which one is better ? Putting the overgrip over factory grip or changing to the replacement grip ?
    Cause i got both from eric dun know which one is better ?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just like cloth, not one that is the best but only the one could most suit your use. It depends on your personal preference. Some like put over grips on the original replacement (about 70% badminton players doing in this way) but some would rather take replacement directly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh really? LOL i din know. So which one is better ? Putting the overgrip over factory grip or changing to the replacement grip ?
    if u r not sure...just put G09 overgrip on top of G06 Power Master replacement grip. Like i did to my BS10 and it feels good.....
    if u dun like it, just take off the overgrip then...no harm
    Last edited by samsudd_s; 05-22-2011 at 11:31 PM. Reason: typo

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

there is no such thing as "which one is better" when you are comparing replacement grip and over grip

OVERgrip is a grip that applied on a replacement grip.
    this grip is used to ENLARGE your racket handle. usually it is because a player has big hand therefore big handle gives them more grip power
    too big racket handle would makes you lose control (as you cannot feel the edges of your handle)

REPLACEMENT grip is used to replace the original grip and apply this grip straight to the wood
    it is used when you have normal or small hand, therefore benefit from normal handle
    too small racket handle would cause you losing power as you have lesser surface that you can grip thus lesser grip power

many use overgrip, but personally, I use replacement grip since my hand is not so large / long
    so, it is up to you, do you have big hand? if yes, go for overgrip, if not, use replacement grip
    Last edited by Avenger; 05-23-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by monticore View Post
    i just grab a small pack of green/white/red/blue/yellow electrical tape at my local hardware storw works great , can just trim it if too wide for your liking.

cory
    I have tried that... But nothing comes close to the finish of Nitto(neither the default ones supplied by yonex/rkep or the electrical tape)... Guess I am spoiled by nitto... :-)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    there is no such thing as "which one is better" when you are comparing replacement grip and over grip

OVERgrip is a grip that applied on a replacement grip.
    this grip is used to ENLARGE your racket handle. usually it is because a player has big hand therefore big handle gives them more grip power
    too big racket handle would makes you lose control (as you cannot feel the edges of your handle)

REPLACEMENT grip is used to replace the original grip and apply this grip straight to the wood
    it is used when you have normal or small hand, therefore benefit from normal handle
    too small racket handle would cause you losing power as you have lesser surface that you can grip thus lesser grip power

many use overgrip, but personally, I use replacement grip since my hand is not so large / long
    so, it is up to you, do you have big hand? if yes, go for overgrip, if not, use replacement grip
    And #3 overgrip directly on wood

Quote Originally Posted by nanocrazy View Post
    I have tried that... But nothing comes close to the finish of Nitto(neither the default ones supplied by yonex/rkep or the electrical tape)... Guess I am spoiled by nitto... :-)
    Not that I've tried it for this purpose but at least it's stretchy. Probably a bit to wide @ 1.5cm http://www.amazon.co.uk/Certified-El.../dp/B0024NKDDK
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

G09L Green (still kinda short actually but good thing the new colours were released to not have to go G09 regular. Of course compared to the light blue in the ccomparison pic everything is short since that one is 1400mm . But 1200mm would be nice for these like Yonex Super Grap)

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That green on green looks AWESOME! Nice work.

*WARNING* Karakal PU Super users!

If you get the RKEP Supermaster and wrap it like you do the PU Super like I did, it will be too fat and no matter how much you squeeze, it just doesn't deform like the much, much softer PU Super.

I took mine off and re-wrapped it with just a few mm of overlap, and *shazam* racket has been TRANSFORMED!

Just in case you thought the MX80 couldn't get any better.......it just did. Amazing what happens when you can actually change your hand grip - you hit more shots with the correct hand grip and you win more points. Funny that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would rather to wrap in the way which could get more gripping power
    (just using G09 standard length but only long version G09L)
    (and use the black finished tape attached is good enough --- but need to pull tightly to get the max gripping on the handle)
    Name:  G09 white.jpg
Views: 724
Size:  15.7 KB

Page 30 of 81 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 80 ... LastLast