User Tag List

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast

Thread: RKEP Grip

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by badder View Post
    Based on all positive feedback above, I ordered some and tried it. Here are my 2c.

The grip looks and feels like YY102. Initial feeling is almost the same, however, after sweating, it is not as tacky as YY102 to me.

2nd, the length of PKEP is about 6in shorter than YY102. So for longer handle, if do 50% overlap, it is not enough.

So for the same price, I still go back to YY102
    I second that...

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Based on all positive feedback above, I ordered some and tried it. Here are my 2c.

The grip looks and feels like YY102. Initial feeling is almost the same, however, after sweating, it is not as tacky as YY102 to me.

2nd, the length of PKEP is about 6in shorter than YY102. So for longer handle, if do 50% overlap, it is not enough.

So, where can you get YY102EX for $1US a piece?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you want them to be about $1 a piece, you will have to buy those 30-pack grips on ebay. i got them for about $28 total. the colors are really limited, only red, black, or white.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which one is the closest to karakal super pu?
    i may wanna trade a few to try out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    So, where can you get YY102EX for $1US a piece?
    Here local tennis / badminton stores carry 30pack for $28. Some online store also carry for the same price including shipping/tax. Yes, there is only white/black/red.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by StarcraftTerran View Post
    if you want them to be about $1 a piece, you will have to buy those 30-pack grips on ebay. i got them for about $28 total. the colors are really limited, only red, black, or white.
    This is true, however, I bought many 3pack for $2.99 each in many different color, which is $1/pc. Now the price goes up to $3.99 per pack, not too bad. For this price, I still perfer YY102 over RKEP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I still sell YY Super Grap 3pk for $3 flat if anyone is interested.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tried a few more and I have to stand on what I said earlier. This is not as good as YY102 to me. Put on a new one on my AT900T, 10 more minutes high clear warm up, I already started losing grip, have to put some grip plus lotion to continue. This actually reminded me a grip I tried before, Pro Supex, soft feeling, but not very tacky after sweating, only good thing is cheap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After using this Nano grip for so long, I think that karakal is still better. The initial tackiness is there but after continued usage for a few games, it does not absorb sweat as well as karakal. It will get kind of slippery and racket will fly out if not careful. Therefore i will go back to karakal after i finish my current stock.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's interesting. I guess I am too rough on my grips because I sweat a LOT, even during winter time. The Karakal stays tacky despite my pouring hands, but I find it wears down too quickly so the tacky layer disappears. The good thing about the nano is that while it does not absorb as much sweat, it dries out much faster and is much more resilient, it does not wear down at all, which is it's selling point for me.

I will be ordering again in a week or two, if anyone in North America would like to participate in a group buy to save on shipping, send me a PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RKEP overgrips are really good. I use them all the time. I have ordered some towel grip to try because I have really sweaty hands, but so far I have been using the RKEP grips. I prefer the airated ones but that is just me. I have been hearing about this new RKEP overgrip that is coming out soon called the Ultimate Grip. I can't wait to try it out!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I purchased it, they sent me 5 Nos. of G10 and G11 each. Both are good. RKEP grips are cheaper and feel better above all I think it is better.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What is the effect of color to the tackiness of grips?

Also, I just tries out Ultimate Grip and it is really good. Before applying it, I wrapped the bare wood handle of my racket with Maskin tape first to increase the total thickness of the grip, then applied the Ultimate Grip. I came from a very thick grip, so I'm kinda having a new feeling about this. I'm not sure if it's too thin but it seems so, you can see the shape of the contour edges of the racket handle even when it is already applied with the grip. What do you guys think?

Also, if ever it is too thin can I still remove and re-apply the Ultimate Grip?

Thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you are talking about the bevels of the racket when you talk about the contour edges (the long vertical edges), then I'd say thats a good thing. I use the bevels to instinctively tell me where the racket face is pointing as I am holding it so I can react faster. I could not imagine playing with a rounded handle. I'd have so many more mishits.

You can remove and reapply the grip as many times as you like, but be warned, if you cut it, and then decide to wrap it looser or with more overlap, then the grip will run short.

I rather like thinner handles (Yonex G5) because they allow me to use more grip tightening which heightens the acceleration during my forearm pronation. Thicker handles are more comfortable for sure, lots of cushioning. But the thinner handles let me draw out more power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh ok but not too thin that you are already have your fingers clasping right?

What do you mean by overlapping the grip?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With regards to the fingers clasping, that is the general consensus in most racket sports like tennis and badminton. The difference between tennis and badminton is that the handle is held at much more of an angle so the badminton grip is thinner. That is why badminton handles are like half the size or two thirds the size of a tennis handle.

Well, with grips as thick as the Ultimate, Super Soft, and the like, most only overlap it by the littlest bit at the edge so that they get a uniform grip surface. But I know some others like to overlap by a little bit to create ridges which can enlarge the feeling of the grip without using a super thick grip.

With thin overgrips like Yonex Super Grap, Some do a 1/4 or 1/8 overlap to create a ridged feel, others do a half overlap to create the smooth grip feel. When I say 1/4 overlap, I mean when they wrap the grip, the overlap the last round around by a quarter of the grips width with the new layer. Its hard to describe with words, pictures are easier sometimes. If you still need pictures, let me know and I can post them tomorrow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. I somehow get the idea now regarding overlapping but if you have time to post pictures, that will help also.

So do you think I need to reapply my grip if I have this thin grip feeling or is this feeling just because I came from a super thick grip?

Page 4 of 86 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 54 ... LastLast