User Tag List

Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 58 ... LastLast
Results 120 to 136 of 1444

Thread: RKEP Grip

  1. #120
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Oh ok. How did you install that white color grip? Overlap of about half the width of the ultimate grip?

  2. #121
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    install sample for your reference:
    Name:  s1.jpg
Views: 1116
Size:  52.9 KBName:  s2.jpg
Views: 1078
Size:  51.9 KB

  3. #122
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    How much overlap did you use?

  4. #123
    Regular Member demolidor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    @Hollanti
    Posts
    11,796
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kevindd992002 View Post
    How much overlap did you use?
    Can you not see the green lines in picture 2? Perfectly illustrated by eric for you .

  5. #124
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I'm not really sure how to interpret those green lines

    EDIT: Oh, does that mean that should be the width that should be "exposed" when I do the overlap?

  6. #125
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Davis, CA
    Posts
    1,218
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Yes sir. Even without the green lines, I can see that he overlaps leaving half the previous overlay exposed, to create a more uniform feel and look. More or less overlap would result in a more ridged feel to it, but more means a thicker grip, and less means a thinner overall grip.

    And of course, it doesn't have to be the same all the way up the handle. There are some users here who do a very thick overlap pattern at the base and a thinner overlap the rest of the way up to create an "ergonomic" feeling handle.

  7. #126
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by singnflip4life View Post
    Yes sir. Even without the green lines, I can see that he overlaps leaving half the previous overlay exposed, to create a more uniform feel and look. More or less overlap would result in a more ridged feel to it, but more means a thicker grip, and less means a thinner overall grip.

    And of course, it doesn't have to be the same all the way up the handle. There are some users here who do a very thick overlap pattern at the base and a thinner overlap the rest of the way up to create an "ergonomic" feeling handle.
    Oh ok, thanks for the info

  8. #127
    Regular Member what07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Is the Elite overgrip a big improvement over the G10 and 11 grips?

  9. #128
    Regular Member DinkAlot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    dcbadminton.net
    Posts
    12,238
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by what07 View Post
    Is the Elite overgrip a big improvement over the G10 and 11 grips?
    The Elite over grip has a different texture, different feel; the feel is the over grip version of the Ultimate replacement grip.

    Panda has not tried the Elite under extreme wet conditions.

  10. #129
    Regular Member what07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Ok thanks alot Dinkalot.

  11. #130
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Ortigas
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Would putting the Ultimate Grip in a bare wood grip and overlapping it for about half the width of the Ultimate Grip be the normal thickness for a normal person?

  12. #131
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    taiwan
    Posts
    215
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    YES, defefinitly it will be very good for both more control and more power.

  13. #132
    Regular Member Mark A's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    St Helens, UK
    Posts
    4,378
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    I have now had a good 50-or-so games with the Ultimates, and I can review it with a single sentence: all other replacement grips are now obsolete.

    To go into a bit more detail, initial tack is right up there with the KPSU, but the tack just stays and stays and stays, and no amount of sweat can dislodge it. I find myself reaching for the grip owder less and less these days.

  14. #133
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    I have now had a good 50-or-so games with the Ultimates, and I can review it with a single sentence: all other replacement grips are now obsolete.

    To go into a bit more detail, initial tack is right up there with the KPSU, but the tack just stays and stays and stays, and no amount of sweat can dislodge it. I find myself reaching for the grip owder less and less these days.
    i agree with u mark i experienced the same RKEP ultimate grip is the best :-)

  15. #134
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    Hello Super64 & Mark A

    May I know whether You both have used any OVERGRIP alongwith the RKEP Ultimate Grip or not?

  16. #135
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    58
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    it depends whether ur hands can grip ur racket with an overgrip . for me i remove my orignal victor grip then directly wrap the RKEP.
    Quote Originally Posted by bbi2004 View Post
    Hello Super64 & Mark A

    May I know whether You both have used any OVERGRIP alongwith the RKEP Ultimate Grip or not?

  17. #136
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    India
    Posts
    106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default

    It means you did not need any overgrip over the RKEP Ultimate. Am I true?

Page 8 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 58 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. WTB: Bobalat satelite 6.5 lite, X feel, Ti10 gen1, NS9000, Arcsb 9FL, 10PG & RKEP grip(SG)
    By yurimaster2010 in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 0
    : 12-27-2011, 09:13 AM
  2. WTB: RKEP Elite Grip
    By ishahloveain in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 1
    : 07-07-2011, 01:31 PM
  3. FS: 36x RKEP G09 Grip for cheap (assorted colors)
    By blindfury in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 12
    : 05-01-2011, 08:32 AM
  4. FS: Karakal PU Super Grip and RKEP Super Nano Grip
    By huangxl in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you post
    Replies: 6
    : 09-19-2010, 02:43 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •