User Tag List

Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast

Thread: RKEP Grip

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    ^ Of course the plastic, tape, backing don't register on your scale that is sensitive to +/- 1g.

Mine is 200 +/- 0.01g.

You need to invest in a better digital scale.
    Thought I'd throw in something else indeed to get a measurement and adding two plastics, papers and tapes adds about 2gr. so I guess you could count 1gr. for it roughly. The main interest here for me lies in the difference between colours, not the actual weight ... In the end, it's still a matter of appearance .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone have tried RKEP replacement grip? Which one is you prefer?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vincedba View Post
    I use the GO-1 supersoft, and I love. You owe it to yourself to try it!

4. Likes demolidor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vincedba View Post
    This thread is not 58 pages long for nothing

Super Soft (G-01) is also my choice for replacement grip and glad with the new neon orange colour addition. Good if your hands do not sweat so much ...

Many people like the Power Master (G-06) for sweaty hands

And yes, the yellow's are (all) a different colour. Super Soft yellow looks like yellow that faded from the sunlight
    The bottom right is actually grey (colour #3 I think, blue is colour #5) but can't capture it very well in the plastic with this light (I guess grey like an elephant)
    Last edited by demolidor; 06-10-2013 at 09:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think there are (or there should be) 3 "categories" for RKEP grips.

1. Dry hands
    Grips like the Wet Tape (overgrip), Supersoft and Ultimate should go in this category

2. Moderately dry/sweaty hands
    Grips like the Elite (overgrip) and PowerMaster should go in this category.

3. Very sweaty hands
    Grips like the SOFT75 and Power Grab (overgrips) should go in this category.

I need Category 3 because I have VERY sweaty hands. When people say things like "the Elite overgrip is very good for sweaty hands", it may mislead people like me. For example, yes the Elite may be good for moderately sweaty hands but there it isn't good for VERY sweaty hands. The Wet Tape is VERY bad for sweaty hands but can be very good for dry hands.

7. Likes visor liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's so special about G-08 then? Was just browsing back and read a lot of contradicting opinions so to say the above is the be all and end all guide ...
    Happened to come across some posts by Tactim some days ago who finds the Power Master works very well and also considers himself on the extremer end of sweaty hands (but then again he is in the UK and perhaps hasn't tried the G-08 )

It is weird that Yonex Super Grap works well for you yet can hardly be called tacky and at the same time this G-08 works well and is super tacky but all in between don't

Also know someone who has quite sweaty hands and after borrowing my rackets I can't touch them for a few days so preparing one especially (that's how I came across Tactim's post in regard to Power Master iirc).
    Last edited by demolidor; 06-10-2013 at 01:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just ordered 2x King and a selection of 08 09 11 overgrips. I think I should have included a power master too maybe?

Now to sell off my remaining karakal PU super grips...

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eric included 1x power master in place of another overgrip. What a guy! Cheers @Squash Eric, I'll shop with you again when I need more.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Elisha View Post
    Sticky feeling.
    You mean the hands to the grip or the grip to the handle?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    You mean the hands to the grip or the grip to the handle?
    in your hand.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Grips to handb

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Package just came in. First impressions, no shortage of tape in Taiwan it seems. Taken me nearly 10 minutes to get it all off. Looking forward to trying his overgrips and socks today. Hope they impress me as much as the ultimates did.
    Last edited by TheNotoriousLIG; 06-22-2013 at 03:57 AM. Reason: socks

15. Likes Squash Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry, meant to write straight after my session but I was exhausted. Been recovering since. :P
    First things first, I had the worst session I have ever had in well over a year and as such this is not really ideal for testing but there are some differences that were simply fantastic and need saying. I gave a couple of grips away and gave the second pair of socks away to someone else to try and we all have exactly the same opinion it seems. The socks are lovely. Truly lovely. Like wearing clouds, I didn't find them too fluffy or soft at all. They are soft and comfy but springy enough to honestly make a difference with cushioning. Not a huge difference, after they are just socks, but they made the difference when it comes to comfort. Didn't get the soreness I am used to after a couple of hours once at any point which was really great. For that I would say they are worth it. But they absorb sweat really well and my insoles weren't very wet at all at the end of the session and only needed half an hour to air out compared to the usual couple of hours they need. Everyone should own a pair of these, they are worth the money imo but that's for you to decide.

The grips, green G08 softs were the only ones I used and they are exactly what I was hoping for. Better than the supergrap and every other overgrip I have used by a mile. No contest. I wrapped them directly onto wood with the halfway overlap you may have have seen done by ants on youtube and I loved this set up. Exactly the right length of grip for g5, g4 and g3 so no cutting needed. Just adjust how steep the angle you use is. The grips are very stretchy but I tried to minimise this to ensure consistent thickness on all the grips. Prefer them to the karakal Pus by a distance and I put my last black ultimate on and I think I prefer the G08 as well. Ultimate had better sweat absorption but I had a small hand towel in my bag and the G08 was better to me. Better tackiness but not too much so moving the handle around my hand was fine and not a problem. After 4.5 hours the g08 looks unused on all the racquets it was put on so I think it will last a long time. Ideal cushioning for me and ideal tackiness. Durability and long term use will see if this is my new go to grip. I think it will be but I'll wait till the novelty wears off and I have had a better session where my head is really in it properly.

17. Likes Squash Eric liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried the power master. initial impressions good but after adjusting the size by adding an undergrip i found i don't like the chevrons. is this grip available with lines only? power grab wrapped up to test, not sure on those ridges.

more to come later. i think the king and soft will suit me, the elite seems too firm and the wet too slippery but more testing required.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried the king for about 5 minutes. other people agree it feels nice. then i tried soft75 with 2mm or so overlap. wooooowwww. best grip ever. king now feels too firm. the search for my ultimate grip is over. handles sweat well too so far. perfectly tacky even when sweating hard enough for glasses to fall off.

I'll try asking here: how to make the overlap at a steeper angle? i can't do it without leaving gaps so might need to try using two at once?

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest you to use key work
    grip wrap
    on YouTube
    and you will find many wonderful video teaching how to do it

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DuckFeet View Post

I'll try asking here: how to make the overlap at a steeper angle? i can't do it without leaving gaps so might need to try using two at once?
    It's all about time, patience, and experience. You need to start the first few overlaps at a steep angle by seriously stretching the overgrip... but not too much that you damage it.

22. Likes Squash Eric liked this post
Page 58 of 81 FirstFirst ... 8 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast