User Tag List

Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 10 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast
Results 1,004 to 1,020 of 1436

Thread: RKEP Grip

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've just swapped an elite + karakal put super for a king underneath my overgrip. Couple of grams lighter is it the lightest way to build up grip size?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by odysessy View Post
    Ordered 10 x G16 14 x G09 2 x King and 2 x Power Master from Eric. He was super fast in replying and dealing and was super accommodating to my request. Cant wait for them to arrive.
    Hi there,could you share me the contact or Eric? I might need some of RKEP Grips for my teammate...
    TKS!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks ! Saw your staff in ebay.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Squash Mart e-Bay store:
    http://stores.ebay.com/RKEP-racket-expert
    our e-Bay price includes e-Bay transaction fees

if you only want very few that you are welcome to buy on our e-Bay store
    (save time and not much different on the price)
    but if you need more that we are very pleased to do direct trade

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Squash Eric View Post
    Squash Mart e-Bay store:d
    http://stores.ebay.com/RKEP-racket-expert
    our e-Bay price includes e-Bay transaction fees

if you only want very few that you are welcome to buy on our e-Bay store
    (save time and not much different on the price)
    but if you need more that we are very pleased to do direct trade
    Ok. Noted with tks.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it just me or that the G09 only have the sticky part at the taper end? I thought the entire grip would have some sort of adhesive in the back to grip on to the grip, but it seems like only the taper end have it and that I use the included tape to finish off and seal the grip once it gets close to the shaft.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    Is it just me or that the G09 only have the sticky part at the taper end? I thought the entire grip would have some sort of adhesive in the back to grip on to the grip, but it seems like only the taper end have it and that I use the included tape to finish off and seal the grip once it gets close to the shaft.
    Over grips generally dont have a sticky backing. At least none that I've tried do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider View Post
    This is because it is an overgrip. This is the case with all the overgrips I have used however I think there are a few overgrips that may have an adhesive back but I can't remember. Generally only replacement grips have a sticky back the whole way as it's going into the wood. Overgrips are able to just grip the grip underneath or you can do what I do and overlap onto wood which makes the grip hold itself in place. Hope this helps

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RKEP thin over grip : (no self adhesive back)
    G08 SOFT75 0.7mm, cloth feel, for sweaty hand
    G09 ELITE 0.6mm: tacky stiff feel
    G11 WET TAPE 0.6mm (close to Y brand SUPER GRAP) with power up hole, for best control
    G16 POWER GRAB: G08 + stitching: power up and won't slip away

RKEP thick replacement grip (with self adhesive back)
    G01 SUPER SOFT 1.7mm super soft, very comfortable feel
    G03 KING 2.0mm soft, comfortable + power up hole
    G05 ULTIMATE 1.8mm stiff, tough, very tacky
    G06 POWER MASTER 1.8mm: stiff, DRY, power up, tough, very thick feel

G15 towel grip: quick dry than other brand
    Last edited by Squash Eric; 08-12-2013 at 08:35 AM. Reason: correct

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's the lightest replacement grip?

I've started with G06 and now added a G09 overgrip, which has now pushed the weight of my rackets to over 100g and I want to get this under 100g if possible.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

after almost finishing up my order of 100 G09 grips, i only have one suggestion, and that is to do away with the glossy grip tape that comes with the purple grip, but to stick with the matte grip tape that comes with the green grip.
    the glossy tape is considerably thicker which would be awesome if it was more elastic. no matter how i tape it, whether to tape it without stretching it too much or taping it while trying to stretch it, after a few hours it comes off. the only solution is to heat up the tape so the glue is more sticky which keeps the tape in place. this is where yonex is superior.
    on the other hand, the matte tape that came with the green G09 grip works very well, it's thinner and stretches a bit better to form better contact with the cone of the racket. this tape i didn't need to use my cigar lighter for the heating part of the gripping process.
    i have no problem with the grip itself tho i'm used to a grip that also stretches a bit more, but seeing how thick it is, i actually didn't mind pulling harder just to grip it the way i like it. tho the smell is unpleasant, i can deal with it just fine since i air out my rackets after i play by hanging it back on a rack mounted on my wall. i wasn't used to the sticky grip that could last so long at first, but now i'm used to it. i found that there is a grip by gamma that is even more tacky and lasts a bit longer too, but it's actually a bad thing because it also attracts a lot of dirt and dust particles. the G09 is just fine, grippy enough to last about a month, then i change it out, but not too grippy that it just gets dirty by sitting there.

with any tacky grip comes with the fact that it won't absorb that much sweat, and actually with any tacky grip when it gets a bit of sweat it gets slippery. all i did was wear a wrist band. i'd rather wear a wrist band and keep the grip, than to change to a not so grippy grip and have a chance of my racket flying everywhere, and out of my hand

that is my review after almost 100 grips of the G09 grip.

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The finishing tape from 1-2 yrs ago was excellent, whereas the adhesive on the current one over the past year is too weak and will come off after a day or two if you stretched it too much while applying.

Just do what I do, no grip tape needed if you wrap the grip so that you end up with the tapered sticky end at the cone.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Electrical tape ftw

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    The finishing tape from 1-2 yrs ago was excellent, whereas the adhesive on the current one over the past year is too weak and will come off after a day or two if you stretched it too much while applying.

Just do what I do, no grip tape needed if you wrap the grip so that you end up with the tapered sticky end at the cone.
    That is indeed a really good trick, unless the sticky part isn't at the very end, as it was with my black g09 grip. Other colors were OK though, which is kind of strange...

Mentioned
    114 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mendell View Post
    That is indeed a really good trick, unless the sticky part isn't at the very end, as it was with my black g09 grip. Other colors were OK though, which is kind of strange...
    Yeah, there's a few mm of non sticky part at the tapered end that I have to snip off, otherwise it'll come unstuck there.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by visor View Post
    Yeah, there's a few mm of non sticky part at the tapered end that I have to snip off, otherwise it'll come unstuck there.
    Haha! never thought about it

I'll do the same with my Victor overgrips since they have a similar problem with the finishing tape... only worse!

Page 60 of 85 FirstFirst ... 10 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 ... LastLast