User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preweaving really only saves time on frames with shared holes. Most good stringers can do a proper stringjob in about 45 mins or less even on frames with shared holes just by using a sharp cutter on the end of the string before passing through the shared hole. Just by angling the string in such a way to find a space to pass through. Most times one or two tries and you will be through. I string over a thousand frames per year and I don't bother with the preweaving anymore. Just my two cents.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Preweaving is highly recommended for beginners in badminton stringing. this is not only confidence building, but also minimizing mistakes which will end up with frustration and lots of wasted strings after you pulled them tight.

as you are gaining experience, you will find out issues with preweaving, like mentioned in #17 post here. However, you can often find a way to avoid those issues.

after you become advanced level in stringing, you will find so many easiers ways to get stringing done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is a new pic I photoshopped. This is only what you need to do for the mains, it does not take into consideration the crosses. Crosses are easy though. If you guys want I can also make an image of that too. I just fine that there is a lot of confusion for how to do the mains towards the ends.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Point well taken, Thanks

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

i tried pre-weaving before and i have two issues with it:

1) it doesn't help the weaving process. in fact, it makes it even more difficult as the strings have almost no tension and goes everywhere.
    2) tensioning the string always lead to the string twisting. seems to add more stress to the surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Twisting is a real problem at very high tension.

Quote Originally Posted by kwun View Post

1) it doesn't help the weaving process. in fact, it makes it even more difficult as the strings have almost no tension and goes everywhere.
    2) tensioning the string always lead to the string twisting. seems to add more stress to the surface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

twisting most occurs at grommet #9/10 either on the top or the bottom cross. this also normally occur at higher tension, such as 28+ lbs.

for starter, once you keep the strings kind of tight, and leave good starting loops in the middle and first cross (about 25cm long, and 2x for the center of main and 1x for the cross), you should be fine.

if twisting is a problem, simply do NOT pre-weave after #9/10 grommets.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i tried pre-weaving before [...]:

it doesn't help the weaving process. in fact, it makes it even more difficult as the strings have almost no tension and goes everywhere.
    HURRAY! Finally someone agrees with me that pre-weaving isn't the best thing since sliced bread. Weaving through loose (as in <15 lbs) crosses is a complete nightmare. Also, I've found that if I pre-weave every main I end up wasting string, about three feet per racket, and I hate waste.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with that. Pre-weaving at such low tension is horrific!! I find that it eventually took the same amount of time overall. And string wastage is always bad

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    HURRAY! Finally someone agrees with me that pre-weaving isn't the best thing since sliced bread. Weaving through loose (as in <15 lbs) crosses is a complete nightmare. Also, I've found that if I pre-weave every main I end up wasting string, about three feet per racket, and I hate waste.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who says pre-weaving cannot be done with adequate enough tension to make the weaving of the crosses easy?
    You can actually pre-weave the mains first, hand-tension each main string by hand working from both the sides towards the center. Doing the mains is a two-step process, ending with reasonably tight mains, by pulling the two middle main strings with some rubber bands towards the handle and then just tighten them.
    With reasonably tight mains you then pre-weave the crosses, which is an easy job.
    After you have finished, just untie the rubber bands used to hold the mains tension.
    To ensure fool-proof kink-free stringing, don't pre-weave the first 4 top cross strings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the professional stringer at All England 2010 :
    - just 2 Yonex flying clamp
    - Pre-weaving .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

One piece string job or two piece?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by taneepak View Post
    Who says pre-weaving cannot be done with adequate enough tension to make the weaving of the crosses easy?
    You can actually pre-weave the mains first, hand-tension each main string by hand working from both the sides towards the center. Doing the mains is a two-step process, ending with reasonably tight mains, by pulling the two middle main strings with some rubber bands towards the handle and then just tighten them.
    With reasonably tight mains you then pre-weave the crosses, which is an easy job.
    After you have finished, just untie the rubber bands used to hold the mains tension.
    To ensure fool-proof kink-free stringing, don't pre-weave the first 4 top cross strings.
    Taneepak, from what I have read before I thought you didnt like prestringing for the twisting reason?

Kwun, weaving with out tension may be difficult for you but that doesnt mean its harder for everyone. It is a different feel that is learned.

Regarding twisting...Twisting occurs at the shared grommits because the tensioned string is pressing against the untensioned string while you pull it through. Some strings twist more or less than others. Since the twisting occurs when the loose string is pulled through, higher tension will cause more twisting. There is still some cases where you can pre string and it wont twist as much, and that depends on how the 2nd string (cross) goes through the shared grommit. I dont know if there is a technique to this, I just find it is random.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

twisting can be avoided during the pulling of mains. you just have to pay extra attention when you are pulling the mains through the grommets which the cross string is also there.

otherwise, pre-weaving or not is really a personal preference.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark A View Post
    +1 here.....I dislike pre-weaving also.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dunmaster View Post
    twisting can be avoided during the pulling of mains. you just have to pay extra attention when you are pulling the mains through the grommets which the cross string is also there.

otherwise, pre-weaving or not is really a personal preference.
    +1 If you are careful/attentive twisting can easily be avoided

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Illusionist Pro!

Thankyou for that mains diagram , I have followed it , and it helped me so much!

Would it be possible to do one for the crosses aswell?

If anyone can help me on the tie-offs I would be very grateful!

Once again , thankyou for all the help!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast