User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Isn't your time worth more than a few dollars "saved"?

And you might actually be spending even more time restringing as the string you "saved" is less durable and will be prone to break when you re-use it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here is my take on this. If it is difference of $2 for a pack of the string. You can skip the big mac and go for the whopper jr. for 1 meal. there is your $2 for your string. If you are already on whopper jr. budget, skip the whopper jr. for 1 meal and you would not even lost 1lb because you are already too thin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silentheart View Post
    Here is my take on this. If it is difference of $2 for a pack of the string. You can skip the big mac and go for the whopper jr. for 1 meal. there is your $2 for your string. If you are already on whopper jr. budget, skip the whopper jr. for 1 meal and you would not even lost 1lb because you are already too thin.
    u see, the amount of foods that panda eats make the 2$ saving insignificant

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default wow

wow, I thought nobody pay attention to this. However, it turned out lot of big masters showed up here. thanks a lot.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BrunoLi View Post
    wow, I thought nobody pay attention to this. However, it turned out lot of big masters showed up here. thanks a lot.
    Well, I just think for the type of money you spend on equipment (top dollar), you'd just re-string. Unless you're saving $25+ dollars per hour, or similiar, I don't think it's worth it.

Time is the most important thing...wait, why am I on here posting?

Oh, my excuse, my job is to be on the computer all day, yeah, that's it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default off topic, thanks to DinkAlot

thanks DinkALot: the MP orange string you gave to me was real good. I put on that in my Woven 11 (in 27/29lbs) and it turn out powerful. 4 of my club members had tried and said that. Thank you. So, I ordered 2 reels of the reg. MP in orange color.
    The blue MP string(from you) I kept in my car over period of time and got over heat some time. That blue MP string broke couple times in my stringing machine. Thank god I was practicing at the beginning.
    I don't know what happened to the MP string(orange) from your Woven 7 which is lack of power. Did you exposed to heat (too warm in CA)? or over used that one? That gave me opposite opinion at the beginning.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

This thread should be a sticky in the Chit Chat Section .

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Seriously, I wouldn't bother with $2. Just cut the original string and have it strung by an experienced stringer or yourself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what happened to the MP string(orange) from your Woven 7 which is lack of power. Did you exposed to heat (too warm in CA)? or over used that one? That gave me opposite opinion at the beginning.
    When the rackets shipped to you, who knows what could have happened to the string. Maybe they were sitting in the mailman's truck too long. Don't know for sure. What I do know is I certainly do not leave my equipment in an extremely hot or cold environment.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post
    Seriously, I wouldn't bother with $2. Just cut the original string and have it strung by an experienced stringer or yourself.
    Egg-zachary = exactly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wink Ya, I am too cheap

Ya, I am too cheap. That's why I don't have GF.
    Ya, I don't have gf, that's why I have time in thinking this way.
    well, if DinkAlot give me a whole reel, instead just a piece, I may have lot time for doing something more important
    well, if I have time, may be doing something more important like chasing girls on the streets.
    oh, ya, this need to move to chit-chat section

Quote Originally Posted by Pete LSD View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mr. Li, we appreciate your approach to badminton and personal life.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default sorry

forgive me, I am going to my badminton club now to have fun

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi, all:
    I am doing my own stringing job. And I am using expensive strings like NBG95 (~$10) and NBG98(~$13). My usual tension is around 27/29 lbs in Sotx 11, 7i or 7 rackets.
    I want to try to replace the main only when it breaks; and just replace the cross only when it breaks. I tired the main string to main only; and tired the cross to cross only. In this way, I will save some expensive string by doing so. And #10 strings will become #20 strings in usuage. I will remove the broken string carefully after I stable/hold the whole racket in the stringing machine first. In that way, I think can prevent the distoration of the racket whilel taking off the broken string.
    I want people's opinions in this issue.
    thanks inadvance,
    Bruno

Personally, I see some problems with this method:

1. If you use expensive string, and string @ such high tension, I assume you play very competitively, which means, you do care about the string performance. However, the used string's performance (even if not breaking) will be no where near the new string (the replaced half). Isn't you are spending all your time and sacrifice your performance, while just save half pack of string (US$5-6)?

2. Once string is used, the tension is no longer the same when you 1st strung it. Therefore, it's very hard to determine what the tension for the "replacement" suppose to be. It will casue the racket to be out of shape, and with such high tension, it puts the racket in risk.

3. What type of string machine u have? Unless you have a well made (with side supports well placed) 6 point machine, it's very hard to keep racket in shape, if you remove the broken main. If you have a 2 point machine, there's no support on the side (cross), as soon as u remove the main, the racket will be totally out of shape.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am back from badminton tonight. I really enjoyed smashing with the NBG95. It's truely a powerful string. The coach from opponent team told our opponent to beware of my powerful smashes, but they still lost to us.
    Thanks for LZ's opinions which are very professional. Oh, my machine is a Eagnas Flex 740, by the way. I replaced the 2 tennis fix clamps with 2 of the badminton fix clamps: PN-1013. And I have 4 of the badminton clamps PN-3050 which are simular to HQ and Yonex's badminton clamps.
    Thanks
    Last edited by BrunoLi; 08-16-2007 at 12:20 AM. Reason: error

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2