Racket for my girlfriend

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by eddietse91, Mar 2, 2010.

1. eddietse91

eddietse91 Regular Member

Student
    Hello, i've been looking around for rackets for my girlfriend, she's been using my Nanospeed 6000 which is strung at 22LBs.. she isn't getting much power out of it..
    she isn't very strong.. so what rackets/string/tension should i go for ?
    oh yeah, she is little bit better than a beginner.. my price range is about less than £70 for the racket.
    Thanks alot :D

2. druss

druss Regular Member

Try stringing it lower at 20 pounds w/ BG85.

For rackets, I got my wife a MTEC70 from Karakal, very light racket at only 70g.

3. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

The fact that she's not getting power out of a 600 suggests she's stronger than she thinks:D. Next step from there is medium stiffness, so you could try a Nanospeed 4500 or lower (they're all mid-stiff from then on) or a Carlton Vapour Trail Superlite - you should be able to find both for <£70.

For £72 you could also try the Victor Density XT900 - a couple of our players have them, and that's reasonably flexible but not too flexible - or an Inside Wave 4000 - beautifully made racket, but too bendy for me;).

4. Tedski

Tedski Regular Member

bean counter
    My wife was previously playing with a NS6000 c/w BG85 @22lb as well and find the same issue of not getting much power. She is now much happier playing with a Carlton, Airblade 33 (79g, bp 300) c/w NBG95 @19lb. The NS6000 has never seen day light since.

Ted

5. eddietse91

eddietse91 Regular Member

Student
    ohh right, thanks for the reply!. I bought her a racket which is QUANTUM SABER 2002
    Yang Yang the other day, i'm on holiday now so she won't be able to test it out until next week. Also, where would you recommend me getting the rackets.. such as the karakal/carlton etc..
    I'm from UK by the way,
    Many Many thanks,

6. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

You can get the Victor Density here - this is an incredible price for such a well-made racket. Your best bet for Carltons and/or Karakals is Central Sports, an excellent seller. You won't find much cheaper because these brands are at their biggest in UK, so importing them will not save you any money as it would with Yonex or Victor.

7. it2020645

it2020645 New Member

software eng
    try nano speed 6000 yonex. or any carlton . put a 23P-24P tension. this tension was the one i used 4 years ago. now im using 29P. Its good to use 24 P.