which US university has active badminton club

Discussion in 'Places to play / Clubs / Local Events' started by congvan, Mar 3, 2010.

1. congvan

congvan New Member

Student
    I am considering university to do graduate. one of the criteria is badminton! :D

I look at this site to consider:
    http://www.sportstop25.com/collegesport.aspx?id=59

but I wonder how come there is no university in CA area in the top 10, since CA seems to be very active in badminton. However, I prefer midwest or east areas though. I got Chicago, Purdue, Wisconsin-Madison, Duke, and Brandeis. Which one should I choose if only based on badminton? Thank u!

2. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

I would not base rankings on that. I'll say pretty much all UCs have very active badminton clubs. Check out collegiate national results and you'll see that it's mainly California universities.

I'm not familiar with any of those schools in terms of badminton. Why not just type in the school name and badminton club or something? I do know Purdue has an active club. Although I'm not sure why you're basing your graduate degree on a place if they badminton.

3. congvan

congvan New Member

Student
    well of course I do not choose graduate based only on badminton. But all the schools I listed above are pretty good in my field so I hope to go to a school that has active and competitive badminton club. I did google badminton clubs for all these colleges and they all have badminton clubs. However, it doesn't mean their clubs are active. Just like in my current college, they have badminton club but just for fun.

I basically love badminton and want to practice quite seriously to compete in tournaments. Of course I don't want to be a pro but it'll be more fun if I can have serious training and inter-college competition.

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

4. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    if you can transfer to a UC you'll love their badminton clubs. Very fun and competative.

5. CantSmashThis

CantSmashThis Regular Member

UC Berkeley has one of the best badminton clubs. They won Collegiates last year I believe with a total of 90 points followed by a university in Indiana taking 2nd.

6. Joseph

Joseph Regular Member

Actually it was...

1st place: UC Berkeley, 90 pts
    2nd place: UC Irvine, 56.5 pts
    3rd place: UC San Diego, 53 pts