need some help choosing a racquet!

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by JustSmash, Mar 3, 2010.

1. JustSmash

JustSmash Regular Member

Hey guys, i dont really have alot of experience with buying or testing new racuqets, i mostly play so im looking to you guys for a bit of advice. my AT700 3u5g got cracked (by my knee...) and then it snapped after i framed it on a smash :p

If you want a racquet:
    1. How often do you play, how serious are you?

i play maybe once or twice a week, but a bit on the serious side. i play for a school team and train private at club once a week

2. What style of player are you? (Aggressive smasher, net player ...)

in general im looking for something thats good for cutting at the front. i'm a scrawny small kid who CAN smash but in general its not alot of threat. so im way better use at the front than the back. so pritty much an agressive doubles racquet that has alot of power and stiffness

3. Do you care much about durability or is it all about performance?

a bit of both if possible; if its possible, keep the racquet suggestions to yonex only please

4. How much money do you want to spend?

im good with anything lower than 220 canadian, which is pritty much most racquets on the market

thanks in advance!

2. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    How did you like the at700?
    did you find it too slow/heavy?
    are you looking for more maneuverability? power?
    do you want to pursue doubles or singles?
    have you tried any other rackets and what you like and dislike about them?

If you liked your at700 (assume the bright red one) you might want to try the at900p or even at900t for a little more speed.

3. JustSmash

JustSmash Regular Member

the at700 was somehow lacking in drive ability; smashes were fine but i want something a bit less head heavy but still have that threat to be aggresive. i tried out the at900t and was sorta 'meh' about it, in the sense that it wasnt anything special. uhh singles my footwork is too slow so not really great there; guna stick with doubles. im pritty sure at700 is more a singles racquet than doubles and i was having some trouble playing defense with the head heaviness of it. maybe just slightly less head heavy is what im looking for. i want to try the 900p. any thoughts on the nano9900?

4. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

If you want something similar to your old AT700 but slightly less head heavy, AT900P is the right one to consider.

About the Nanospeed 9900, it is pretty much an even balanced racquet which sort of excels in most if not all aspects of doubles and singles play thus it can be used interchangeably. The only factor that decides whether it tilts one direction is the string that you use IMHO.

5. Flexsis

Flexsis Regular Member

Student
    Arcsaber 10?, It's pretty even-balanced, less head heavy, and powerful, and alot of people use it as doubles

6. canti

canti Regular Member

Student
    I'ma have to agree with blitzzard with the AT900p along with the Nano9900. Both are not too head heavy but still provide you with the smashing power you need, along with precise netplay.

7. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    if you want stillness you might want to try to top end nanospeed? i believe the nanospeed9000 you have a choice of stiff and extra stiff, and i believe it's heavy enough for some power hits but light enough for drives. i've never played with the NS9900 so i don't know its performance.

8. Distanc3

Distanc3 Regular Member

stringer for community centers
    i would give the nanospeed 9xxx a try if you dont feel at900t.

it'll be easier to find the ns9900 over the ns9000s/x since theyre discontinued. yes theyre powerful ;)

9. druss

druss Regular Member

Out of the recommended rackets, I'd choose the NS9900 as the best if you're playing mostly at the front in doubles. Next the AT900T then the Arc10 for overall good rackets.