How to make stencil and the best ink?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by Alpinerock, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Alpinerock

Alpinerock Regular Member

Hi

This is my first thread on this forum so go easy on me. I have read most of the threads about stencils and ink but not many seem to answer these questions.

I just wanted to glean information from all the expertise out there.

I have a couple of Zelm PP9990s and wish to add the Zelm logo (the double crossed lines). There is no problem getting stencil ink here, as there are several online stores that sell it and at reasonable prices. There are several makes, Yonex, Babolat, Pacific, and Wilson; any thoughts on the best of these or are they all much the same?:confused:

I have been in contact with Sgbad, whom I purchased the racquets from, and he is going to find out if a stencil is available.

So in the mean time I was wondering what is the best way to make a stencil which will give as cleaner lines as possible?

Thanks and all replies gratefully received.:)

2. druss

druss Regular Member

I think the best way would be to get some stiff plastic sheet, you can probably find some at a craft store or office store. Then find a good picture of the logo and blow it up to the correct size. Superimpose on the plastic sheet (tape them together) then cut out the logo using a sharp knife (like a hobby knife) and steel ruler.

3. Alpinerock

A great start.

Thanks very much Druss.

4. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    as your in the uk dont fuss with branded yonex wilson babolat etc just go to watdon

i got it from them and it was much cheaper cheapest i could find even on ebay was £6 including p n p and watdon is 3.20 plus vat dunno what postage is but i paid £8.70 or something for 1 white 1 black including p and p

if you cant find plastic just use a4 paper and laminate it

also 2mm is the thickest plastic you should use really if theres sharp corners as the applicator wont go right into the corners

5. Alpinerock

Thanks Noppy

I had a look on the watdon website couldn't find the ink listed so may be I have to email them.

Like the idea of the laminated A4, as if you mess up it will not be to costly to start again plus I have access to a laminator at home.

Thanks again:)

6. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    i usually laminate once

but i believe mark A does it twice next stencil i make i will try his method

7. Alpinerock

Here is part of a pm I received from Sgbad, a stand-out member of this forum, after I asked him about the makes of stencil ink that were available.

'I have never tried the yonex stencil inks before, but i heard they are pretty decent. Tried the pacific one before, kinda yucky. Pointless. Try the yonex one'

Hope this information helps?

8. noppy

noppy Regular Member

student
    the yonex stencil ink comes in exactly the same bottle as the unbranded one i bought from watdon so i would bet £10 its exactly the same ink