User Tag List

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LD rules! View Post
    no what I mean is you prepare for a tournament for one month with a partner and then without warning even after all the forms have been handed in
    On the day of the tournament your partner turns around and says "look, I don't want to play with you anymore... I am playing with another guy" on the day of the tournament
    Oh man, I hate that too. Seriously. -___-"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very serious
    I will never speak to them again I will refuse to play them in training only in tournaments
    Actually I felt that I wanted to quit badminton for a few months I was that upset
    I still may take a break as I am quite upset

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very serious
    I will never speak to them again I will refuse to play them in training only in tournaments
    Actually I felt that I wanted to quit badminton for a few months I was that upset
    How big of a tournament was this that caused you such an outrage?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am very serious
    BTW how well did you do in this "Derek Sim" competition?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was the derek sim tournament I played poorly and didn't play armortec 14 like I wanted too I don't really know but I didn't play well in singles
    I think I may quit I don't have the motivation after yesterday

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will give you an idea of how big this tournament is
    Josh Neal (who is no. 1 in Scotland for his age) was competing and some other seeded players that is how good the players were

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will give you an idea of how big this tournament is
    Josh Neal (who is no. 1 in Scotland for his age) was competing and some other seeded players that is how good the players were
    Wow, I guess I can't really say anything other than: That really sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the better player asked the weaker player : "Who is your coach?" I feel this is an insult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there really anything to hate when you truly love the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DexDez View Post
    Is there really anything to hate when you truly love the game?
    Of course, maybe how little it's known, how people think it's a back-yard sport or perhaps a cheater you've played recently. There's many things you can hate about the sport, but we're all on BC because we love it, right?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LazyBuddy View Post
    Enjoy the game, enjoy the time spent with ppl who you feel comfortable with. If there's a minor incident, let it go, and look at it from the positive perspective. We go there to have fun, not to be pissed off. There are always great ppl, and always have some jerks. So, have fun, keep smiling, and happy smashing.
    You're 100% right there, badminton is after all for fun. Thinking about it now, you shouldn't really get worked up by others' comments, but it's hard when it has just happened to you. I'll start a clean leaf for that bunch haha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pyrox View Post
    People who laughs at you when you say that you play badminton (girly sport etc).
    It's like racism (ignorance + stupidity) and it kinda hurts especially from friends.
    There's nothing wrong with ppl buying best stuffs. It's better to spend money in sportgears than drugs and alcoohol. I have an MP99 and arcsaber 10 and I dont play that good and I like these 2 rackets so what?
    Pyrox, when I was at Uni I lived in halls with a massive rugby playing meat-head. He asked what sport I was into, I said badminton and he laughed. So I said next time I played he should come and give it a go. I played singles with him for about an hour. He was so tired he puked. He never mocked me again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default hi

i HATE people whos bossing me around b4 and after the game

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate my double partner when he is not concentrating during a match..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default enjoy the game

Quote Originally Posted by Aeries View Post
    If i were an elite, then i would simply be polite and play the game - there's no cost to being polite. Afterwards i could play people more of my level. My friend started playing badminton in february after much persuading by me. She liked the sport, and continued going. Seeing as i was 6 months ahead of her in experience, i had to be patient when playing with her every lesson. But now it's may, she is coming along to be a fine player and is catching me up! If i showed my boredom back then, she probably wouldn't be playing now and enjoying the sport i love talking about. So personally, i think it's important to be polite and patient, but unfortuanetly not everyone is like that, as you stated.

I'm not asking for the elites to babysit the beginners and always help them, but only to be polite. You say that the elites go there for fun which yes, they do, but then how is it fun to make narky comments at an inexperienced player? They should just accept that not everyone is good as they are. Yes, i have learnt from the mistake i made of agreeing for a second game, and i'll heed that advice

You have made a point there about them being nice enough to invite me for a second game now, so i've let go of the comments they made to me. Two/three individuals will not put me off going back to that club, because generally it is good there Next time they ask me for a game i'll politely decline.

I am not an elite too, and at the place where I played (not a club just a group off people around 25 people playing together by sharing the cost and rented 3 court for 3 hours once a week) I'm the only girl. So it's would be obvious that I don't have any playmate the only option is MD vs XD

Sometimes I hated those who only play 1 match with me instead of finish the game (2 match in our rules) with excuse he is tired and just a few minutes he continue playing with the others. I just felt that if you don't want to play with me I can understand that, but the situation is you saw me there and you step on the court. And you make me cannot enjoy the game .
    This is not happening again because if I see him step on court I will never step on to play with him , so it would not upset me again.

To keep myself enjoy the game I just follow some rules below :
    - keep in mind the level of each player and are they happy to play with you, so you can avoid to make yourself upset and make other unhappy.
    - choose a partner which a little bit higher level then you opponent (although I don't have strong smash or good back hand, I still can safe the front side) so I still can win the game.
    - build a good relationship with them, so it would be easier for you to play with them.

so you can still enjoy the game if you make yourself enjoy it

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate to watch or to play in with 2 different level of skills. It just so boring.
    Especially, when one side is too strong, that side going to act all lack off and start to talking to friends (who's off the court) right before the serves. If I get to play with people who new to this game, I rather at least focus on the game and try not to make other see that I don't want to play the game.
    Last time, I happen to play with my friend, who just started badminton, agaist with people who actually under my level (yea really they're under my level) but of course there is no way you can goes agaisnt 1 on 2, that is just like telling my friend to get out of the court and let me play them. And so they started to act like hahah this hahah that and start talking to their friend when i was about to serve, that made me wait and wait until they finish the conversation.
    I was like really? are you fkn serious?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think people need to calm down a bit :S
    If you feel you need to quit because you lost in a tournament, then obviously unless your attitude towards competition and the sport itself is changed, you will go nowhere.

Every champion loses. In fact every champion has been through thousands of losses in their journey to the top spots.

Page 16 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast