Results 307 to 323 of 460
Thread: Things you hate about badminton!
08-25-2009, 11:20 PM #307
didn't wade through all the pages.. but I'm glad I'm playing with good friends. Picked up the game again recently. When we play doubles we are about the same standard (although in singles I get beat a lot ). lots of fun and laughter and animated discussions to improve each other's game.
currently we are looking to play with better players to improve, maybe then I would face the problems that you guys have been talking about here.
Otherwise, the number one pet peeve is the difficulty in finding courts to play (in Singapore) which is preventing my friends and I from having more fun playing.
02-25-2010, 08:19 PM #308
02-25-2010, 08:36 PM #309
02-25-2010, 09:07 PM #310
if i have to say 1 thing that i dislike about badminton is that it is a hard sport to learn. it's a very tehcnical game.
03-02-2010, 12:42 PM #311
1) expenses for shuttles strings shoes and rackets, etc.
2) the 'good' people going easy on you when it's your turn on the Challenge Court, instead of trying to 'bagel' you.
3) when the court surface is slippery and it can't be fixed
03-02-2010, 01:55 PM #312
Yep, slippery court surfaces are really annoying.
Also, the fact that if I miss a week, it takes 3 weeks just to get back to where I was.
You can't argue that it's an expensive sport though - it really isn't (you should try skiing).
03-02-2010, 02:15 PM #313
03-02-2010, 02:36 PM #314
The fact that in Edmonton, all the facilities are either Private or a social club in a school. There are no public for rent courts anywhere.
The ratio of hot young girls to old sweaty guys is way too low.
My skill seems to be getting worse every year.... while my weight seems to be getting higher.
03-02-2010, 02:52 PM #315
03-03-2010, 05:15 AM #316
One thing I don't like about baddy is playing on my day off. My buddies likes to start play at 8 a.m. and it has been a tradition. This means I have to wake up early and drive to Maywood on a weekday!
03-03-2010, 10:31 AM #317
03-03-2010, 06:03 PM #318
#1. when your girlfriend gets jealous of you playing with other girls.
#2. playing with your girlfriend and pretending to like it.
#3. when u play a weak opponent and they have a weak return and you want to smash it... to either drop, clear or weak return it back because it's the nice thing to do. do you choose to not play them? or continue to?
for me attitude is the part of my game which is most weak. good sportsmanship and great attitude is what i strive for most.
03-04-2010, 10:57 PM #319
03-05-2010, 08:31 PM #320
What every club needs is a couple of firefighters, movie actors and eligible millionaires. And park a Ferarri or two out front, while you're at it. Build that and your 'hot young babes' will appear out of thin air.
03-05-2010, 08:42 PM #321
03-06-2010, 04:32 AM #322
the things i find annoying is
1) when people boast that they beat you ' i stuffed you' etc
2) that people think badminton is a gay sport and only weak people play it because we don't play rugby. last year we got this rugby player to play with us and because he wasn't very good he was at the front and his partner who is my best mate would clear it about mid court and i would smash it as hard as i could, and he was scream and i would just miss him :P
3) that there is know to play with in my area, the people i play with live like a half an hour drive away so my mum isn't happen when i say can you drive and pick me up from so and so :P
4) no tournaments in my area lucky if i enter 2 a year.
5) i have never met an amazing player, i see the occasional good player, but there is never like an ex english international or just a really good player.
6) that no club would take me so me and my mate are in division 4( the bottom league) and we win every game 21-5, and those 5 are us hitting it out
7) that badminton is only ever played at night time so i have to mis parties and stuff if i have a match.
8) badminton equipment costs loads and how some peoples parents buy them everything
but apart from that badminton is amazing some people wrote how they hate uneven sides but i love getting absolutly stuffed like 21-7 because i never happens and i get to see good people play :P
03-06-2010, 08:16 AM #323
I'm always surprised that people find badminton expensive. If you think its pricey don't even think about golf.
Basically for bad you need a racquet, shoes, shorts and a tube of shuttles.(I'm sure you have a tee shirt already).
Compare that with the stuff you need for golf, fencing, skiing or even cricket.
Things I hate - I play with a social group, occasionally we get people who just come to try out badminton, a girl a couple of weeks ago is using a tennis type serve. I explain that you're not allowed to serve like that, she told me 'Oh I'm just here to enjoy myself'. I wouldn't have cared but the idiot destroyed about half a tube of feathers.
By Rongjun in forum Buy & Sell - Read the rules sticky before you postReplies: 2: 11-24-2009, 12:24 AM
By Carbonlist in forum General ForumReplies: 27: 03-10-2009, 06:20 PM
By darkaznboi333 in forum General ForumReplies: 28: 11-30-2007, 09:21 PM
By tingc222 in forum Market PlaceReplies: 95: 03-13-2007, 11:57 PM
By shawntn in forum General ForumReplies: 12: 04-24-2004, 07:13 PM